IGNORED

inspection sticker holder

Skywagon

Just got my bike inspected in Texas for the first time since moving here. I was surprised to learn I am supposed to display the sticker. I searched the forum and didn't find anything. What do you folks do? It won't stick to the rubber/plastic area below the license plate.

2005 R1150RT

It should stick there. That is where mine has been for the last 11 months. You might have some ArmorAll or road film that needs to be cleaned off first.

Mine is mounted vertically right next to the reflector below the LP. I'm not sure if your plastic arrangement is similar to my '96.

Of course many bikes have the aluminum plate with the little extra tab for the sticker. Those mount behind the LP.

The inspection guy stuck it on the windshield. It looked horrible. I peeled it off.

I have one of those tankbags, I forget the manufacturer, nice guy in Oregon or Washington State; anyway, the tankbag that has a metal shelf like plate that attaches to your gas cap ring. So I put it on that. It looks fine and it's both on display but out of the way.

Mine sticks right above the license plate just fine. Just clean it simple green then with alcohol. If its cold warm it up first. Lasted 11 months 10000 miles for me.

Any decent shop should have a small aluminum bracket that slides behind your LP, uses the same screws, and protrudes below the LP about the size of the insp sticker. Local shops here have them in either silver or black for like $6, and you only need one (i.e., subsequent years you can peel the old one off). It's not the prettiest thing but it works, and about 80% of bikes have them displayed this way.See attached pic of mine (ahh, Foothills Parkway (TN) sure is purdy grin.gif)

958729-untitled1.JPG.f5dc772fb84125f3cbf05311ad767744.JPG

Just got my bike inspected in Texas for the first time since moving here. I was surprised to learn I am supposed to display the sticker. I searched the forum and didn't find anything. What do you folks do? It won't stick to the rubber/plastic area below the license plate.

2005 R1150RT

Try this, good old aussie invention

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tube-rego-label-holder,-R1,-R6,--GSXR,-CBR,-ZXR_W0QQitemZ150185886842QQcmdZViewItem

Ian thumbsup.gif

Thanks to all...I found exactly what I needed at CycleGear today in Houston. And a few other things the wife didn't see.... The plate holder with space for the inspection sticker was a whopping$3.68. Cheapest part I think I have ever bought.

Archived