IGNORED

Your Favorite Arkansas Roads

tobyzusa

Several months ago I asked members of the board to post their favorite Colorado roads. I got great suggestions and then plotted them all on a map and tried to connect the dots into a route. It turned out to be my best trip ever.

Can I ask for your help in posting your favorite Arkansas roads? While I’ve done several Arkansas trips, I know I’ve missed many of the “must do” roads.

Hoping this thread can be a resource for all just as the Colorado thread was.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Hwy 16 from Clinton through Witt Springs, Ben Hur to Clarksville.

2. Hwy 7 from Hot Springs to Harrison. A few RVs here are possible.

3. Hwy 23 (Pigtrail) from Ozark to Eureka Springs and beyond. Obvious I know.

4. Any backroad route from Hot Springs to Mena and Queen Willimena state park. Includes Tallimena Parkway into OK.

5. Take Hwy 14 N/W from Newport and follow it until it runs off the edge of the Earth...

Hwy 123 from Clarksville to Hasty, then 74 west to the junction with 21 at Boxley, then 21 back to Clarksville. Stop in Jasper for lunch at the Ozark Cafe.

Hwy 263 from just west of Big Flat south to hwy 92 east of Greer's Ferry, fun road.

Or just pick any road in Northwest Arkansas clap.gif

send me your email and I can send you several routs in GPS form

We had an FJR rally there and I saved the routes. Most are High speed sweepers with just a handfull of tech roads.

I am attempting to put some routes together for Alabama.

If you have some email me (I will make a Separate post for Bama)

Emails for ARK - GPS to keving at jandkfencing dot com

Send

GPS routs sent to your email.

In Garmin Format. If you don't have garmin, grab a converter on line, free ones are out there.

I do have a Garmin. thumbsup.gif Thanks!

Check out the Eureka Springs Unrally Routes.

They were a blast!

There are some overlaps in those routes and the ones I have. Those look to be more of a NW corner area and mine are more central and SW.

Combine the two and you should have a couple 1000 miles of fun. My largest loop was 280 miles. (Push Mountain)

Here is some of what to expect

with music

Push mountain unedited

Well, well, planning another trip are we. I will send some routes and info for you later to your email address. I have to get to my desktop to pull up my information. I have been to Arkansas many times and there are great roads with lots of fun to be had. Everything from sweepers to technical switchbacks and even 18% grades if you know where to go. Watch for the email. thumbsup.gif

Well, well, planning another trip are we. I will send some routes and info for you later to your email address. I have to get to my desktop to pull up my information. I have been to Arkansas many times and there are great roads with lots of fun to be had. Everything from sweepers to technical switchbacks and even 18% grades if you know where to go. Watch for the email. thumbsup.gif

And believe me W8NONU knows of what he speaks. I followed his directions to the letter and had the best of the best rides through the area. Fantastic and I will always be grateful, thanks again my friend.

149453151-M.jpg

And believe me W8NONU knows of what he speaks. I followed his directions to the letter and had the best of the best rides through the area. Fantastic and I will always be grateful, thanks again my friend.

I will be on the lookout thumbsup.gif. But Jim, perhaps you just need to come along? What do ya think?

149453151-M.jpg

Lineareagle, thanks for the kind words. I hope you are healed and able to get out on the bike again when spring arrives way up there.

Brad, I would love to partake of the fun roads in Arkansas. It would not take a lot of arm twisting. I sent an email with some road information. Take a look and ask any questions. Have fun!

Brad, I would love to partake of the fun roads in Arkansas. It would not take a lot of arm twisting. I sent an email with some road information. Take a look and ask any questions. Have fun!

Great. Have not picked a date as of yet, but thinking a bone chilling January or February date might be good, weather permitting. I'll take a look at your e-mail.

Can I go?

weather and work permitting...

hope things are well

Angel

Of course. I haven't picked a date yet, but will post as things firm.

Angel,

Think January or Febuary. Probably 4 days 3 nights. Still have to work on the route. If some want to go for less time, folks can break off whenever- course they won't get the t-shirt then lmao.gif. More to come.

Archived