IGNORED

Saddlebag gearbags

Effjay

An inexpensive, yet handy suggestion for late model R-series saddlebags are these Harbor Freight canvas toolbags. I've been using several of their smaller 11" bags for years in my former FJR as well as in my Jeep and truck. I remembered seeing these 15" toolbags at H-F (main warehouse and retail store is just 2 miles from home) which fully utilize the longer length of the RT saddlebags. I keep riding stuff in the RH bag (easier access on sidestand) and Cyclepump, tire repair gear, fuses, multimeter, BMW tire guage, small fire extinguisher and other stuff in the LH bag. You can see there is still room to pack gear on top (wind pants and fleece shown on top in LH bag).

Jeff

H-F site - search: P/N 32282 $7.99/each

958121-H-Ftoolbag-LHview2.JPG.24f3c1e98487dc119b74d3c88ed94355.JPG

ShovelStrokeEd

You can often go to your local bank and get their zip top cash bags. Some banks even still give them away. I have all sorts of different little bags, draw string mesh, various zip tops. The cosmetics departments at most of the chain drug stores always have an assortment of bags with zip tops on them. Small camera bags work well for that inflater.

You can often go to your local bank and get their zip top cash bags. Some banks even still give them away. I have all sorts of different little bags, draw string mesh, various zip tops. The cosmetics departments at most of the chain drug stores always have an assortment of bags with zip tops on them. Small camera bags work well for that inflater.
Yes, there are numerous choices. I like these because of the size and the canvas that holds it's shape well with a semi-rigid bottom. You can zip it closed and carry it away without it looking like a "sack of cash"! grin.gif

$7.99 isn't cheap enough? The H-F lady included some ad flyers, including one for Dec 1 - Dec 9. These toolbags will be on sale for just $4 each (in store).

OK, I'm done talking about gearbags. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Jeff

Archived