IGNORED

My intro.. and 2 new BMWs

BatonRing

Hi folks,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I am new to BMW's, and now I have two of them! I used to ride a '98 VFR800, which I traded in, in Sept. '06 for an '06 Yamaha R1. That was stolen out of my garage in San Francisco a month later, and courteously returned by the police from the drug dealer who stole it..but not before it had been wadded into a mangled mess.

Fast forward a year later.. in Sept '07, I purchased a new '07 R1200GS. I was waffling between the GS and RT, but ended up going for the GS.

gs_1.JPG

And then last week, I went up to the CHP fleet office in Sacramento and picked up an '04 R1150RT-P with 100k miles on the clock.

CIMG5582.jpg

So obviously I like the R bikes! I am going to get to know the engine through the RT. My first order of business on the RT is engine oil change, trans fluid change, final drive fluid change, adjust the valves, and adjust the idle speed. After those easy things, I'll see how adventurous I'm feeling and take it from there.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks!

thumbsup.gif

Now that was a proper introduction -- because it included pictures! The more you ride, the more you'll grin like in the GS picture!

Welcome. You've got a heck of a dealer up there in Marin BMW. Cary Littell, the owner, is the original founder of this website. He and his team will treat you right. He's very busy taking care of his customers and his business, so we don't hear from him much. When you visit there, tell him we all said Hello!

Congrats on the RT and the GS. You'll come to love each for its own merits.

One quick addition. How about a first name in your bio or in your signature line. BatonRing is great, but it's also nice to know if we're talking to Steve or Joe or Bill or whoever.

Welcome to the "family" from Cadillac, Michigan wave.gif...Great looking rides! thumbsup.gif You WILL find everything you ever want to know about your BMW's right here, and even some things that you don't. lmao.gif Attend a local Tech Daze, it will be the best thing you can do for your bikes, and your BMW soul. clap.gif

Thanks everyone. My name is T.J., and I have one question: Where do I go to find the schedule for local tech days? I have been looking around but can't find it.

Also, I bought the GS from Cal BMW in Mountain View. But I have heard good things about Marin BMW too.

Thanks..

TJ

Wow! Great set of bikes and nice pictures too!!! Welcome from Lancaster Pa. My wife and I lived in Sacramento for several years in the late 70's and loved SF.. enjoy and welcome!

Welcome. You've got a heck of a dealer up there in Marin BMW. Cary Littell, the owner, is the original founder of this website. He and his team will treat you right. He's very busy taking care of his customers and his business, so we don't hear from him much.

+1

Great guy.

Welcome! And keep us up to date on the RT.

958268-100_3405(WinCE).JPG.bf680ade3b50d7579eefb4f3a2bb53ab.JPG

Welcome! This website is great. Those bikes look terrific -- you can't even tell on the authority bike that it has that many miles. I'll bet you startle folks going by on it.

Cheers.

Welcome to the group, BatonRing! If you like riding, you will love this group. Now that you are officially onboard, we will see you at our next shindig, DVD in January, right?

And if I remember correctly, noobs always buy the first round. wink.gif

Safe riding! And watch out for those drug salesman, they're a real PITA!

Welcome and this is the site to meet great people and to learn how to fix your bike. Make sure you get to know the great people here and you will really enjoy both of those bikes. Make sure you make a few of the rides and meet people face to face. just my .02.

Archived