IGNORED

Auburn to Winthrop Ride

Lockguy

My family has a house rented in Winthrop, Wa for the Thanksgiving weekend. I am thinking of riding over Wednesday and back Monday. The weather over Snoqualmie and Bleuet(sp) seems to be going to be clear. Does anybody have more info on the road conditions, maybe from the east side(Winthrop, Wenatchee,etc)? confused.gif

The temperature is not much of a concern, just moisture.

Thanks

Lockguy

If you left this morning.....I wish you the best of luck. 29 deg F when I went out this morning.....took the truck to work. Let us know how you did, eh?

Pat

USAF1 & BruceWa

Thanks for the comments on my trip. I left Auburn Wed about 11AM and arrived Winthrop about 16:30. It was about 35 when I left and 20 to 25 when I arrived. My feet got a little cold and my back was beginning to soak through by the time I got there. The only concern I had was North from Wanatchee, they had sprayed the deicing stuff on the road in places and this appears to be black ice although I was pretty sure of what it was. I trailered the bike back as the Snoqualmie Pass report this morning was 18 and foggy. I don't mind the cold but the slick spots I can do without. The reason I made the trip, other than just enjoying riding clap.gif, was to see what temperatures I could tolerate and how long I could sit in the saddle comfortably. I am considering a cross country trip to somewhere next spring/summer and wanted to see what my tolerance was for longer miles. If either of you or anyone else in the area would like to do a little riding just shoot me an email. I am pretty open to anytime.

Lockguy

Archived