IGNORED

Ignition question

spacecadetdave

spacecadetdave

I have had problems getting my bike to crank. The fuel pump clicks on when I turn the key, but when I press the start button, nothing happens. Sometimes it takes 3 to 10 attemps. Bike rus great once it starts. This does not happen all the time. I have a 1999 1100RT with 34000 miles. Any suggestions?

ShovelStrokeEd

Not necessarily in order.

Starter button

Kill Switch

Load shed relay

Starter

Battery

Wiring

More info would help. Fer instance, does your headlight go off when you push the starter button? Does the clock reset? What do the ABS lights do?

I had a problem with my turn signal switch not too long ago on my '02rt. It wouldn't turn off and I had to ride home holding the cancel switch. I would start with the starter button. The bad news is you have to buy the whole right combo switch.$$$$$$$$

I have had problems getting my bike to crank. The fuel pump clicks on when I turn the key, but when I press the start button, nothing happens. Sometimes it takes 3 to 10 attemps. Bike rus great once it starts. This does not happen all the time. I have a 1999 1100RT with 34000 miles. Any suggestions?

Dave:

Do you mean nothing happens or do you mean the starter turns the engine but it doesn't fire?

Tipover Bob

Starter Relay.

Mick

Archived