IGNORED

Zumo purchase

TEWKS

This seems to be a great price for the Zumo. Has anybody here ever used this company before? Thanks.

http://www.cameraaddict.com/viewproduct.aspx?ID=3613090&l=LowPriceDigital

Pat

Never used them and surely wouldn't either. Return policy for GPS's: "All sales final". These "places" are famous for screwing with their customers...they have ways to defraud that most folks would never think of.

http://www.nextag.com/Camera+Addict~2863665zzzreviewsz1zmainz17-htm

Check the fine print on their website too. They can sometimes sell you sell Grey Market goods, which do not come with a manufacturer's warranty. I wouldn't do business with these guys.

I recently bought a camera for a good price. It was shipped from Hong Kong and was of Asian model. Same camera as in US but with different name. Probably no global warranty honored and in this case it was for a friend in Europe...........

I paid some 650 for my Zumo 550 a couple of months ago. That should be achievable.

h

AdventurePoser

Hi a google search of Zumo will find many reliable mail order places selling this product in the low 600 hundred range.

Good luck in your search.

Steve in So Cal

Sliver, maybe you were lucky. Way too many dissatisfied PCnation customers in resellerratings.com. At first their rating looks Ok but if you read thru there....the recurrent theme of deception and lies is very obvious. 10% of customers felt defrauded--thats a pretty high rate of discontent. Typical occurrence: they ship a (known?) defective item but refuse to take it back. You're on your own.

After reading this post I canceled my order with Cameraddicts for a $601 Zumo placed last thurs...glad it was back ordered.

Today the price is $550....good luck getting one.

I knew enough when I ordered to quickly dispatch with the rude dude trying to sell me other shit (I read some comments from others)...BUT...the half hour on hold (two phones!!) to cancel sealed the deal!!!

confused.gif They better not charge my card

Thanks frown.gif

Anyway...thanks all....I'm still looking.

I concur with rest who say this may be a bad idea. I recently wanted a Fuji S20 Pro camera and at $1000 retail I decided to look around on the web. I found a site out of NJ and called them up. I asked my usual investigative q's and found that the cameras at $500 were "seconds" with no serial #. So, needles to say I did not buy. I did get it from a reputable dealer for $800.00. In any event....good luck and take caution!

After reading this post I canceled my order with Cameraddicts for a $601 Zumo placed last thurs...glad it was back ordered.

Today the price is $550....good luck getting one.

I knew enough when I ordered to quickly dispatch with the rude dude trying to sell me other shit (I read some comments from others)...BUT...the half hour on hold (two phones!!) to cancel sealed the deal!!!

confused.gif They better not charge my card

Thanks frown.gif

Anyway...thanks all....I'm still looking.

Unfortunately, these guys will soon close up shop under their current name and re-open with a NEW name...but same tactics. This is a common practice with a lot of NY/NJ based electronics & camera dealers. There are some that actually DO sell at a discount legitimately--B&H Photo is one name that comes to mind--but there are far too many in that region that exist only to scam internet buyers. Beware of any reseller that has NO (or very little) history with the ratings. (and no offense to NY/NJ, just stating facts)

check out abes of maine....price is $510 comes with warranty etc
That's a Zumo 450, not a 550. Very different (inferior) animal.
DaveTheAffable

http://www.getfeetwet.com They are a "Real" Garmin Dealer, and even have factory refurbished stuff. They actually do a lot of business in the Marine market, and have alot of Garmin closeout stuff.

I happily paid over $800 for a Zumo 550 bundled with a GXM30 reciever from these guys. eek.gif I drove up to the Simi Valley (after calling) and found them in an Industrial Park. Was warmly greeted as a will call customer. At the time I bought it, other internet dealers were offering the same bundle for a few dollars less. Of course, the XM adds about $200. (I wanted the XM, and that's why I didn't buy the BMW one. Then went to Browns in Pomona a couple days later and bought the Autocomm Bluetooth adapter... thanks Leighton and EffBee)

I am NOT nuts! lmao.gif

- They are local to Southern California

- I wanted it NOW (because of a ride)

- The guys who work in this little storefront / distributorship were GREAT!

For me, I like to buy stuff from a local guy and don't mind paying a little more to do so. I'm NOT telling you to do the same! I'm simply suggesting if you live in So Cal, and want to walk in and buy one for a little more, these people treated me well. YMMV

Zumo Forums is worth joining! And... as was said... since I bought mine they've been popping up in all kinds of retail outlets.

FYI, there are some reports on Abes over at Zumo Forums... that any potential customer might want to review.

Abe's is another "one of those" NY/NJ scammers, and are no more located in MAINE than I am. The "Maine" reference is to throw off potential customers that have been burned by the NY/NJ scammers. Their Resellerratings reviews are horrible. And again, no disrespect to our members in NJ/NY--but these guys are like a cancer on internet shopping. You know, I've always wondered why almost ALL of these scammer dealers are closed on Saturdays but open on Sundays?? confused.gif

After much research, I recently decided to purchase my Zumo 550 from Amazon.com. Yes, there are vendors offerring these units at cheaper prices. However, after reading the warnings of fellow Board members about Garmin refusing warranty work on units purchased from non-official dealers (thank you guys!), I concluded I would rather be safe-than-sorry. Amazon is an authorized Garmin retailer (you can verify this on Garmin's website), they shipped fast, and they price was reasonable ($636 for the 550 model).

If you are interested in the Zumo, take a look over at the Zumo Forums... there is always a "where to buy" thread active, and also recent reports on prices and deals...

http://www.zumoforums.com/

FYI

I echo what Hopz said... check out zumoforums! I now have my own 550 unit mounted (purchased from buydig @ $626 total delivered cost, shipped within 2 hours with email notification and tracking details). I bought a 4GB SD card and have loaded over 500 MP3 tracks. Through zumoforums, I'm learning how to create genre playlists using Media Monkey or similar (and just did so this morning!).

Life is good. Happy Thanksgiving, all...

Jeff

You know, I've always wondered why almost ALL of these scammer dealers are closed on Saturdays but open on Sundays?? confused.gif

I don't know anything about the dealers you mention, but some well-known reputable camera stores in NYC, like B&H which you mentioned, are closed Friday afternoon and Saturday, and that's because the staff are orthodox Jews. Story in NY Post if you're interested.

Anyway, professional photographers around the country buy from B&H, and I've had good experience with them, but I don't think they sell GPS receivers.

Costco's online store is a good place to buy GPS receivers even if you're not a member and must pay the non-member fee, as I did.

This seems to be a great price for the Zumo. Has anybody here ever used this company before? Thanks.

http://www.cameraaddict.com/viewproduct.aspx?ID=3613090&l=LowPriceDigital

Pat

I buy almost all of my gear from stores listed on Pricegrabber.com. My Zumo 550 is due on Thursday (11/29). Price was $611 WITH shipping. Company is called OC Incentives. They are a Pricegrabber Storefront (whatever that means) but they also had lots of stars and good vendor ratings, so it is unlikely--in my view--that anything will go wrong. But we'll see, won't we?. thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Abe's is another "one of those" NY/NJ scammers, and are no more located in MAINE than I am. The "Maine" reference is to throw off potential customers that have been burned by the NY/NJ scammers. Their Resellerratings reviews are horrible. And again, no disrespect to our members in NJ/NY--but these guys are like a cancer on internet shopping. You know, I've always wondered why almost ALL of these scammer dealers are closed on Saturdays but open on Sundays??

I've bought two cameras from Abe's over the years, no problems. All delivered on time, with all manufacturer included accessories in unopened boxes and as specified with US warranties.

No particular loyalty to them, but I don't know that I would call them scammers. You need to be an informed buyer and ask if it's US warranty and what's in the box, but I don't think they'll lie to you. Avoid their aggressive add on marketing.

Abe's has been around a lot longer than the internet. Like B&H, they are a long time advertiser in popular photography, how I first heard of them.

They have 5 stars (highest retailer rating) on Cnet.com.

Jan

AdventurePoser

I buy a lot of electronics from outfits headquartered back east. It goes without saying that you should do your homework before plunking your money down.

I've done a fair amount at Abe's and B&H. Both outfits offered courteous service with no hardsell.

I'd shop with both again.

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

Hey, I'm looking for some dis-continued Kenwood radios, and I tried that Pricegrabbers, and found them at B&H in NY, got 'em ordered up.

Thanks for the info.

Archived