IGNORED

Tank Bag

Vicious_Cycler

Vicious_Cycler

Looks like Santa is going to have to bring me a new tank bag. My top choices so far are the Wunderlich RT bag or one of the Marsee Coronas. I'm looking for ease of removal for fueling and dimensions allowing easy steering lock. Any opinions on the above or other suggestions?

Thanks

I had a brief demo of the Wunderlich bag when I was at the Phoenix show and left concerned about the ease of attaching and removing the bag during fuel breaks. The two up-front clips were difficult to latch (limited room)and I actually left before the rep could latch them. I guess I'm suggesting that you might try to somehow verify this perceived issue prior to purchase.

Ive been very happy with my Marsee Corona. There isn't an easier bag to remove or one that is more secure when on. And it looks cool floating above the tank like that.

I have the Engage-XL tankbag by SW-Motech, and like it a lot. It attaches to a ring around the gas cap, never touches the paint, and is very easy on and off for fueling. A friend of mine has a Big Mak on his RT and the Engage (small) on his K bike. I liked the SW-Motech because the ring is very unobtrusive when the tank bag is not attached (I only use it on long trips). The Corona bag was the other I was considering, but there is nothing like being able to see the setup in person. The only problem with the Engage-XL is at full lock, the front of the bag hits my windshield adjustment button. It took me a while to figure out why my windshield was down when coming back to the bike. Apparently when I locked the steering, that is when the windshield button was getting pressed.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2625/321/

Another vote for Mak.

The small Diamond Spce Case hold my Autocom, cables, XM antenna, garage door opened, cell phone (visible under clear map top), raincover, gloves, external GPS antanna, extra side stand plate for bad ground, glasses, swiss army knife, and other misc. stuff.

It is only 3" high, doesn't block instruments of interfere w/steering.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Vicious_Cycler

Actually, I like the bag I now have, a Luggage Locker Tank Locker. The problem is that the mounting system and I have not gotten along. I would really like to just change out the top and bottom rings, as in an SW-Motech Quick Lock or Marsee Corona. Does anyone know if one can purchase any of these or some other mounting systems w/o purchasing a bag?

I have an existing Marsee tank bag I'd like to keep, but maybe put a new bike under it... wink.gif Or, I could use one of Phil's discarded month old bikes...

MB>

I've got a RKA with side pouches. 2 compartment unit. Bottom holds the extreaneous needed junk and the smaller top part holds the 2,TWO, water bags for staying hydrated crossing the freaking desert that seperated Calif from the rest of the country. Works fine. Honks the horn at full lock but don't they all.

I have a one compartment HELD that I really likes but the zipper has failed after 4 years. bncry.gif

From all the responses, seems that folks like a variety. How'd that happen? wave.gif

Archived