IGNORED

Special rebate for LEO's from BMW!!

Firefight911

Ok---doughnuts, cokes, coffee, etc...and now this. Well gee whiz.

They can have all the perks. I STILL get to drive the big red firetruck.

21444465_m.jpg

Yeah....but you don't get shot at!! dopeslap.gif

That is awfully nice of them. I wonder if I can return the RT I bought in the spring and then buy another with the discount? lol, it only has 16,500 miles on it, that should be considered the test ride. :D

I like this part.

A Special Offer to Law Enforcement!

If you always wanted a personal BMW motorcycle, now is your chance to get something extra! Receive bonus cash back from BMW when you buy a personal use motorcycle.

$500 - Any K Series Model

$400 - Any R Series Model

$250 - Any G Series Model

$250 - Any F Series Model

Pick the model you really want, work your best deal, and get cash back from BMW!

Work your best deal? Ha! 95% of BMW dealers don't do deals, the sticker says it all.

Work your best deal? Ha! 95% of BMW dealers don't do deals, the sticker says it all.

Odd, all 6 dealers I've used discount. Perhaps you should try a bit harder.

Atlanta/pittsburgh/greenville/daytona/chicago/charlotte.

Odd, all 6 dealers I've used discount. Perhaps you should try a bit harder.

Atlanta/pittsburgh/greenville/daytona/chicago/charlotte.

I know another one, wink.gif, that sells all of the bikes below MSRP.

Feel free to PM me if you want to. grin.gif

That is awfully nice of them. I wonder if I can return the RT I bought in the spring and then buy another with the discount? lol, it only has 16,500 miles on it, that should be considered the test ride. :D

I'm in the same boat. For those of you upset about being left out I'm guessing it has nothing to do with rewarding Law Enforcement. It's simple product placement. Think about it, they sell bikes to Police Departments not Fire Departments, School's, Hospitals or the U.S. Military. What better way to advertise your product to Law Enforcement agencies and try to keep getting those government contracts than to get the bikes in the hands of the people that may influence those decisions or suggest their product to their respective agencies. The more Police Officers riding BMW's as their personal bikes, the more likely BMW is to be looked at for those government contracts.

I'm in the same boat. For those of you upset about being left out I'm guessing it has nothing to do with rewarding Law Enforcement. It's simple product placement. Think about it, they sell bikes to Police Departments not Fire Departments, School's, Hospitals or the U.S. Military. What better way to advertise your product to Law Enforcement agencies and try to keep getting those government contracts than to get the bikes in the hands of the people that may influence those decisions or suggest their product to their respective agencies. The more Police Officers riding BMW's as their personal bikes, the more likely BMW is to be looked at for those government contracts.

Brian,

Actually, BMW does sell to EMS, and schools. There were also bikes donated for use to the Pentagon and in NYC after 9/11.

In our area, we sell and service bikes to 3 major Universities for use on the campus and surrounding areas.

This is in addition to the 2 law enforcement agencies also served in our area.

Government contracts are/should be based on an open bid process w/straight comparisons done be purchasing agency. Any input from data provided by the Michigan State testing center can also be considered.

thumbsup.gif

What better way to advertise your product to Law Enforcement agencies and try to keep getting those government contracts than to get the bikes in the hands of the people that may influence those decisions or suggest their product to their respective agencies. The more Police Officers riding BMW's as their personal bikes, the more likely BMW is to be looked at for those government contracts.

It looks like BMW is learning from HD, only HD is much more generous.

I've always thought that this kind of deal violates our code of ethics. If an LEO here in WA (unlike back east) took so much as a free meal at a restaurant, he/she would be subject to discipline. OTOH, I know several (even, EGADS!, chiefs) who ride HD's and actually make a profit on their deals from HD. I'm glad I'm not in the market right now and don't have to face that temptation.

You'll be my hero if I get off with a warning! thumbsup.gif

I had always heard that to become a hero, you may have to pay the ultimate price... now it's confirmed. grin.gifgrin.gif

$400 off an R-series bike??? WHOOO-HOOO that's almost a 2% discount... LET ME HAVE THREE!! This means I only have to pay 6% of the sales tax myself.

This offer reminds me of the dare "I'll give you a dollar, if you drink this half-gallon jug of hot sauce," it's just not worth it.

As commented earlier, the HD offer is much, much better. Too bad it's HD (Ooops, did I actually type that??)grin.gif

skinny_tom (aka boney)
LEO's are here so Firefighters can have a hero too.

That's funny! Here's another;

What do cops and firemen have in common?

They all want to be firemen!

hide.gif

$400 off an R-series bike??? WHOOO-HOOO that's almost a 2% discount... LET ME HAVE THREE!! This means I only have to pay 6% of the sales tax myself.

This offer reminds me of the dare "I'll give you a dollar, if you drink this half-gallon jug of hot sauce," it's just not worth it.

As commented earlier, the HD offer is much, much better. Too bad it's HD (Ooops, did I actually type that??)grin.gif

I guess it depends on your POV.

One way to interpret that is that HD has to give the bikes away so they'll be purchased. smirk.gif

grin.gif

It looks like BMW is learning from HD, only HD is much more generous.

I've always thought that this kind of deal violates our code of ethics. If an LEO here in WA (unlike back east) took so much as a free meal at a restaurant, he/she would be subject to discipline. OTOH, I know several (even, EGADS!, chiefs) who ride HD's and actually make a profit on their deals from HD. I'm glad I'm not in the market right now and don't have to face that temptation.

Don't take me the wrong way. I'm not saying that someone would vote for a BMW simply because they got a $500 rebate. But that someone who rides a BMW as their personal bike would probably be more inclined to want one for their work bike as well knowing how well these bikes perform. Whether or not they're the ones making the decision or the guy telling his boss to try a BMW before rubberstamping the $1 lease of a Harley Davidson. And yes there really are some HD dealerships that lease bikes to Police Departments for field use for $1.
$400 off an R-series bike??? WHOOO-HOOO that's almost a 2% discount... LET ME HAVE THREE!!

LOL. That is about what my wife said when I told her I could get $250 off a new GS.

As far as dealers working a deal, in the DC metro area there are 9 dealers within 175 miles. One sells for less than MSRP. So my wife drove me the 168 miles to the one dealer that would bargain and I bought my RT. Every time I get service at the local dealer, the service manager treats me like a traitor for not buying there. Apparently his kids are not going to as good of a university because I decided $2000 off was more important than his kids education.

I bet if you saw $400 laying in the parking lot, you'd bend way over to pick it up.

dopeslap.gif

I bet if you saw $400 laying in the parking lot, you'd bend way over to pick it up.

dopeslap.gif

You are right. That is enough incentive to bend over and pick something up.

Is it enough incentive to buy a new bike earlier than you normally would?

Is it enough incentive to buy BMW over HD that gives thousands in incentives on certain models to LEO's?

From a marketing standpoint, the idea of incentives are to entice a person to do something they might not normally do. Buy your brand, buy sooner than normal, buy an upgraded model, etc. When talking about $15,000-$20,000 machines, a few hundred $$$ is not much incentive. BMW will not get a new customer base, based on those incentives. But any cops who planned on buying a bike anyway will certainly take advantage of it.

hide.gif

Actually, that is supposed to end "they both want to be paramedics". Remember that when you're looking up at me and I'm holding the morphine. grin.gif

hide.gif

Actually, that is supposed to end "they both want to be paramedics". Remember that when you're looking up at me and I'm holding the morphine. grin.gif

What if you are a cop and a paramedic?

You ate the pink pill and are having an identity crisis!!

Pull over now and call for help!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

You ate the pink pill and are having an identity crisis!!

Pull over now and call for help!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Not me, I am just a lowly EMT-B, a dime a dozen. But my good friend is the flight paramedic on the helo. So in that role she is 90% Paramedic, 10% cop.

ROFLMAO!!!

"So tell me again how much that bullet wound hurts and then call me a mattress-back again, hmmm? Now call me 'Mr. Candyman, Sir'!" lmao.gif

I dunno, a Medic/Cop would be a tough sort of schizophrenia to deal with: "Let's see, do I plug 'em or heal 'em today? I forget which hat I've got on." lmao.gif

Seriously, don't ever say "Just an EMT(-B) in my district". Good Paramedics save lives, but good EMT's save Paramedics--it's a team effort--just like the LEO's watching our backs! thumbsup.gif

I dunno, a Medic/Cop would be a tough sort of schizophrenia to deal with: "Let's see, do I plug 'em or heal 'em today? I forget which hat I've got on." lmao.gif

Seriously, don't ever say "Just an EMT(-B) in my district". Good Paramedics save lives, but good EMT's save Paramedics--it's a team effort--just like the LEO's watching our backs! thumbsup.gif

It does offer a conflict of sorts.

I have told someone that I was an EMT and if they did not stop this stupid crap I was going to beat the $hite out them, patch them back up and do it all over again.

Archived