IGNORED

Surprise at San Mateo IMS

Bill Neander

After I got through the crowd ogling the F800GS I said to one of the persons working the display that I missed the F650GS single. He said BMW was rethinking their strategy on that model-that it was still for sale in Europe and possibly, when the buying frenzy for the F800GS slowed down, they would bring the F650GS single back to the US market. Oh,by the way, the F800GS looks huge in person-really tall.

Here's the GS for ya.

Jamie was tippy toed on the GS. She's 5'5" with an approx. 29" inseam. When she is on her F800ST she is solidly on the balls of her feet, if not a smidge flater footed than that.

I was dead flat footed with leg bend at 6'1" tall and a 34" inseam.

Wow!!!! I think they may have hit that one out of the park!! It looks REALLY good in Graffitan (sp) Metallic!!!

222524305-L.jpg

222524350-L.jpg

222524397-L.jpg

222524430-L.jpg

222524486-L.jpg

222524259-L.jpg

222525558-L.jpg

OK that does it, I'm all over that thing, drooling emoticon needed.

My WIFE already spoke with our dealer and put HER name on the list!!eek.gifeek.gif

They are supposed to arrive sometime first quarter '08!!!

Hi,

Saw your R1200GSA out front,was this it's maiden voyage after farkleing was completed?

Agree,the F800GS is definitely on the short list for my next ride!!

JR356

Quote:

"Wow!!!! I think they may have hit that one out of the park!! It looks REALLY good in Graffitan (sp) Metallic!!!"

I agree. That is a very handsome color combination. thumbsup.gif

One nice thing I saw was that the footpeg rubbers can be popped out to expose a nice cleated off road peg. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Price was shown as $10,520 for a base model.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are happy tippy toeing on one foot, perhaps. If you want to flat foot, probably not. Perhaps they will bring out a lowered version ala the F650. (the single cylinder model, not the erzatz 800) It is that high.

Thanks Chris, I was afraid that was the case. I am looking for something to ride on the dirt roads around here--the RT is just not suitable. I guess I'll keep my eyes open for a used F650GS, but first, I need to unload the Suzuki that is taking up room in my garage. tongue.gif

I thought that the new 650 would have the 800 parallel twin engine but still be sold as a 650 with a lower seat height. There would be the 800gs and the lwer 650 gs. If u can lower an 800 ST, eventually you should be able to get a factory lowering kit for the 800 gs also

My WIFE already spoke with our dealer and put HER name on the list!!eek.gifeek.gif

They are supposed to arrive sometime first quarter '08!!!

I guess that means that if ya pick it up in February, she can prolly get to ride it by Fall Torrey eh? lmao.gif

BTW- ya already make the deal with Corbin?? lmao.giflmao.gif

To the best of our feeble knowledge at this time, the new twin 650Gs IS an 800 but with lowered HP due to different cams etc. No one is saying if this low HP version is slated for release in the U.S. or not. It also has tubless rims by the way.

Archived