IGNORED

Elk Family Encounter

litigator

I was ridng in NM last week and spotted 3 elk on the road up ahead. Cow and 2 yearlings, almost her size. The first jumped the fence along the road, but the other two stopped and looked me over. I too stopped. Plenty of room, no emergency. The cow and other yearling then started trotting along the road side of the fence while the 3rd did so on the outside. I paced along enjoying the experience. Unfortunately, I didn't consider that my enjoyment was their mounting anxiety. After I was at their side for a while the cow panicked and tried to jump the fence without a running start. She didn't make it, hit into it chest high, and flipped over it onto her back. I quickly turned around and went back to see if she was alright, not that I could have done anything if she were not. She was back on her feet, and glaring at me. I felt so bad that I had not thought through my impact on them.

That is kind of sad, but she'll be okay.

I can sympathize with the cow...

That happens to me a lot when I ride through some of the western states, except it is women that pace me, and I have figure out a way to get away...

I feel here stress and pain... lmao.gif

Ah, ya ole meanie, that's sad. bncry.gif

Donchaworry......maybe it'll stick in her mind and she'll stay clear of two wheeled scary things in the future....a good thing for her..........and us all. thumbsup.gif

Archived