IGNORED

Metzler ME880 Tires

jredford

Last summer I ordered a set of Metzler ME880 170/80/r17 tires for my r1200rt and went from Houston to Prudoe Bay and back. I was very satisfied with their wear and performance as I got nearly 15k miles on them. I can no longer find this tire available and am sick of replacing my Pilot Roads every 6k miles. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I checked swmototires.com but no joy. Do you at least have access to what's needed to change your own tires? If you have to change them more often it certainly helps to not pay someone to change them for you.

I think you will have to go with the Z6's. I got about 8,700 out of my last set. One problem with the Z^'s is the pattern of the rear tire. There is no Tread pattern in the middle of the tire which makes it hard to determine the wear. Within about 300 miles I had three areas that showed the chords. They went very, very fast. I am now using Avons Storms and like them. Just need to see how long they last.

Last summer I ordered a set of Metzler ME880 170/80/r17 tires for my r1200rt
The correct size for the R1200RT is 170/60x17. A 170/80x17 tire may not even exist. May be you are checking for the wrong size.
Last summer I ordered a set of Metzler ME880 170/80/r17 tires for my r1200rt and went from Houston to Prudoe Bay and back. I was very satisfied with their wear and performance as I got nearly 15k miles on them. I can no longer find this tire available and am sick of replacing my Pilot Roads every 6k miles. Does anyone have any suggestions?

SORRY THE CORRECT TIRE SIZE IS 170/60/R17

180/55 R17 is the proper size for all R1200RT's
Correct, but 170/60x17 works well, and it is the only size you can get a high mileage tire.

Archived