IGNORED

Getting maintenance history of a bike

OoPEZoO

Anyone know if BMW will release the maintenance history of a bike? I assume they track this info by the VIN#, but I wasn't sure if they tracked and/or shared this info from dealership to dealership. Anyone know any details of their policy?

Go to your local BMW bike dealer. With the VIN they can go online and see what service was done, at what mileage, and by whom- if it was done at another BMW dealer. If an individual did his own maintenance, you'll just have to take his word, or not.

I had them do a track on my R1100S after I bought it and found out where it had been. Confirmed by the previous owner.

Frank

Thanks thumbsup.gif. I just wasn't sure how stingy they were with records, or if I could get access to records if the work was done at a different dealership.

I was going through receipts and updating my log book last night when I thought it would be really nice to have the rest of the info from before I bought the bike. I wasn't so much concerned with general maintenance, I was more interested in if there was any major work done to it by a dealer.

There are a few things that need attention on my bike, and I need to start making a game plan for either fixing/upgrading them or start thinking about shopping for a different bike. Those missing records will be part of the equation.

I have a 22 year history with my local dealer. It was their idea to do the search for me. YMMV

Frank

I was still finger painting eating paste 22 years ago.... lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist. grin.gif Thanks for the info though......Now I have a "legitimate" reason to stop by the dealership on Saturday morning.

...I was still finger painting eating paste 22 years ago.... lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif...

Isn't that unusual behavior for an 18 year old? grin.gif

I once again I will point to the avitar....... notice the fuzzy hat and the rubber chicken? My mommy told me I was special grin.gif

I once again I will point to the avitar....... notice the fuzzy hat and the rubber chicken? My mommy told me I was special grin.gif

You are special, just like everyone else....

Archived