IGNORED

"08" F800ST

milesandmiles

milesandmiles

Has anyone heard anything on the upcomming changes or the 08 F800ST? I heard that BMW might be lowering the bike to match its demographic, something my wife is counting on. Also, what lengths has anyone taken to lower the "07"?

There is a factory kit available to lower the bike, up to two.something inches. You do lose your centerstand however. Contact your friendly, inexpensive dealer for info on this and other farkels. Also F800riders.org is a site devoted to the various 800's.

Just in case, to lower the F800ST is not a dealer installed modification or kit, the bike has to come from the factory modified to be lower. The first step to make a stock F800 lower is installing the optional low seat.

Has anyone heard anything on the upcomming changes or the 08 F800ST? I heard that BMW might be lowering the bike to match its demographic, something my wife is counting on. Also, what lengths has anyone taken to lower the "07"?

A conversation with Mike Abt @ Chicago BMW says the lowered frame and lowered seat on the '08 F800ST will result in a seat height of 29.5" The loaded models he has on the way in will go for 12.7k +ttl with bags eek.gif

Archived