IGNORED

Kisan Tailblazer

jwurbel

Unfortunately two motocyclists have been killed within the last 60 days in the metro Phoenix area. Both were struck from behind, one in the flow of traffic and the other stopped at a red light. I see a thread on HYPER-LITES but was wondering if anyone had installed the KISAN TAILBLAZER UNIT. If so, did the canbus system cause any problems including on board dash warnings?

Thanks.

I have a set on my '06 RT. When I hit the breaks, I get warning triangle on the dash as the breaklights flash then when the breaklights go steady on, the warning lights go out.

I bought the 20W-D for my 2007 R1200ST as the Kisan web site directed me. When I installed it, the function was fine but I continuously got the warning light for burnt out rear bulb. I contacted Kisan and they told me that they were developing the 20W-DZ for this problem (this was mentioned by another person on this board) and it would be available withing three weeks. They also said that they would exchange my unit at no cost. I'll let you know what happens.

I have gone through several versions of the Tailblazer for my '06 RT since April of last year. First I got the yellow triangle with the flashing bulb failure indicator that syncronized with the flashing tail light. Andy, at Kisan, is the technical expert and explained the complex issues behind keeping up with BMW and CanBus. Anyway, I finally got a set of lights that fixed both issues and they worked great for about 5-6 months. Apparently a "hot" batch of bulbs were delivered that caused excess heat and--eventually--weakened the glue that binds the electronics to the bulb base. The two separated and now I'm waiting for the new improved unit.

I really like the sense of security that the flashing tail light gives me, and Kisan has been great in solving my problems. But...be patient, it won't happen overnight.

Don_Eilenberger
"Break" is bad enough but " Breaklights"???? dopeslap.gif

Sorry, I usually try not to let it bother me....maybe time to increase my medicine.

To me - it's like fingernails across a blackboard. For some reason I can't get over it.. and worst is the state of NJ with "Construction ahead - give us a brake!" signs along the highway.

Grrrr... screeeechhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

"Construction ahead - give us a brake!" signs along the highway.

Grrrr... screeeechhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

We have that in California as well. I think it's a deliberate play on words, but grating nonetheless.

Archived