IGNORED

A few pictures of the desert.

azkaisr

Had a chance this weekend to go out to the desert and take a few pictures while riding with Russell, Lisa, and Howard.

219798838-M.jpg

Here the trio and I parted. They headed on to the dam at Roosevelt lake, and I headed back towards Fish Canyon.

220207781-XL.jpg

I have never forgotten growing up here in Arizona and going out in an old Ford Bronco with some buddies back in the early 80's with my Pentax K1000 which I always loaded with Black and White Film. These pictures are sort of a homage to that time for me.

220208114-XL.jpg

The big saguaro's are full of great stories

219805911-XL.jpg

Three Sentinals and their minions stand guard over the Lost Dutchman's Claim....it is out there somewhere...

220208773-XL.jpg

It was about 85 out in the sun

220300904-XL.jpg

The GS is just a joy to ride on roads like this.

219824172-XL.jpg219818388-XL.jpg

Switching back to color to show that Fall is finally getting to the desert too.

219826886-XL.jpg

Nice country road..Arizona style

219831740-XL.jpg

Another great day in the Desert.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Lisa doesn't like as cold this time!!

204663938-M.jpg

Beautiful stuff Tom!!! Love the B&W. I'll bet they would look great in Sepia as well!!

Funny, I just looked it up earlier this evening. 843 miles!! Hmmmmmmmm?

Great stuff Tom, love the B and W too, used to do a lot of that in school. Kept waiting for Glenn Ford to ride through that first one.

Those roads look delicious too, hope to see some one of these days.

Kaisr,

What kind of camera do you have? Great pictures and great quality? WOW I want to go there another place to put on my list.

Thanks for the report

Kaisr,

What kind of camera do you have? Great pictures and great quality? WOW I want to go there another place to put on my list.

Thanks for the report

I use a Pentax K10D which is a great camera. I have owned Nikons as well but I guess once a Pentaxian always one.

Thanks for the kind words.

Tom

Great stuff Tom, love the B and W too, used to do a lot of that in school. Kept waiting for Glenn Ford to ride through that first one.

Those roads look delicious too, hope to see some one of these days.

Any time amigo, the garage has room....Oh and I even found a place out here that rents KLR's now.

Tom

You know with all these pictures, you keep reinforcing my desire to add a GS to the stable, right? smile.gif

Great shots there Tom!

+1 thumbsup.gif

I'm with Charlie; not only are the pics just great but the ridin' looks like fun also!

Nicely done Tom.

Kept waiting for Glenn Ford to ride through that first one.
Or Humphrey Bogart and Walter Huston with bags of gold dust hanging from their saddles...
AdventurePoser

Nice pix of the desert. Now that my son lives in Maricopa, and I can mooch a place to stay from him, I hope to do some exploring down there as well soon...

See you at DV!

Steve

Excellent photos! Man, that brought back some memories... I grew up in New Mexico and started riding when I was five. My older brother was into riding too, right up until the time he rode our Suzuki 90 through a cholla cactus at about 45 mph. For the uninitiated, this is a cholla, aka "jumping cactus":

54744476-L.jpg

It's called a jumping cactus because the little branchy things jump off and stick to you. So when Big Bro rode the scoot through the cholla a bunch of those things embedded themselves in his legs, hands, and arms. We had to take him to the ER where they put him under a general anaesthetic to remove them. He was one sore dude afterwards and never really regained his enthusiasm for riding. Since we shared the bike I was OK with that!

Anyway, thanks for the pictures and the spin down memory lane! The desert is absolutely beautiful and I miss getting out in it.

Doug

Very nice photos! I have got to get to AZ, the 85 you are talking about is killing me.

Today it was 47 with 40mph sustained winds, gusts to 85 and a little less that an inch of rain.

enjoyed the pix very much. in response to roadscholar's glen ford comment....trivia question...if he did ride into one of the B/W pics, what characteristic of his would we NOT be able to "see". lurker.gif

Archived