IGNORED

Reference material for spline/clutch service.

Nevets

If I was preparing to eventually tear into the bike to where I was either servicing the splines or clutch, would "Ted's Spline Lube Video" be a good thing to acquire? If so, is it still available from tedanddenise@comcast.net?

Is there anything else (manual, video, etc) that would be good material? I have a Clymers manual, but have not been terribly impressed with it, but then again, I've never used it for something like this.

Thanks for any info...

thumbsup.gif

HRminneapolis

thanks for including the Video link...I've been searching for it. I'm planning to buy the DVD - the quality and detail in the photos will help me plan. BUT - I have an RTP, can anyone tell me how to search or find the additional problems I'll have to solve confused.gif while attempting the clutch spline lube process? TIA

i listed a reply a little while ago re service manuals etc for RT-P's.

Try this web site

www.bmwmc.net

If the link doesn't work then type it in instead of copy and paste.

I'm pretty sure thats the web address but i'm not at my own PC at the moment so it's all from memory.

Good luck

Steve wave.gif

i listed a reply a little while ago re service manuals etc for RT-P's.

Try this web site

www.bmwmc.net

If the link doesn't work then type it in instead of copy and paste.

I'm pretty sure thats the web address but i'm not at my own PC at the moment so it's all from memory.

Good luck

Steve wave.gif

Yep, got this (PDF manual) also. I went through it last night and was quite pleased that it appears to show quite a bit of detail for the procedure involved.

thumbsup.gif

Haynes manual is recommended. Also, there are BMW service manuals in electronic format (from original CD in PDF) available for download from e-Bay for under $10.

Archived