IGNORED

Texas Tech Daze: FIRST AID use/application as it relates to Motorcyclists

Mike05

Looking to put together a winter TECH DAZE for:

FIRST AID use/application as it relates to motorcycle accidents.

The idea is to provide a class that allows for RED CROSS FIRST AID training & certification/re-certification with additional emphesis on rendering such aid at the scene of a motorcycle accident.

I was planning on getting my first aid training current when it dawned on me I wasn't all that sure what I needed to know in order to actually apply first aid if someone went down on a saturday "pie run". blush.gif

Did some homework & discovered this is an acknowledged issue. Am trying to combine First aid training with applying that training in a motorcycle-related incident.

If enough folks are interested, will put together a class in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area of N. Texas.

Right now, pls. PM me or use this post to express an interest; we actually have Jamie and a few other Board members who teach this exact course!! thumbsup.gif

Would like to see this happen; another great reason to get together! clap.gif

Sorry all, I asked for interested folks to post in different places. I'll get it fixed. In the meantime, "Interested" so far: clap.gif

tobysuza (Brad)

Rocket_Cowboy (Charlie)

Mike05 (Mike)

More the Merrier.. grin.gif

I'd like to be there....

It will depend on a lot of other things, so set the date and I'll do my best.

If you can get Seth(smiller) to show up I'll be there for sure.

wave.gif

lurker.gif

If you can get Seth(smiller) to show up I'll be there for sure.

What ... me, Mike, and Brad aren't enough to lure you north? dopeslap.gif

errrrrr......hmmmmmmmm........it's not personal.....I love you clowns.

Ohhhh......Seth, come out and play-ay!!!!!!

Hey Tech Mod I think your obligated to show for the Tech Day.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I crashed on the way to the last one (at Limecreek's.) But if I do it again on the way to this gig at least it would be productive as you guys could use me as a first aid dummy. I'll try to make it Mike (but I'll probably always be standing to the left of Whip.) grin.gif
I crashed on the way to the last one (at Limecreek's.) But if I do it again on the way to this gig at least it would be productive as you guys could use me as a first aid dummy. I'll try to make it Mike (but I'll probably always be standing to the left of Whip.) grin.gif

I ain't givin ya mouth to mouth........

...and I'll be the dummy on the right.

thumbsup.gif

Rocket_Cowboy
I ain't givin ya mouth to mouth........

I ain't giving either one of ya'll mouth to mouth! Guess we better get a date picked so I can make sure Cass is available to be my practice aid. smile.gif

"Interested" so far: clap.gif

tobysuza (Brad)

Rocket_Cowboy (Charlie)

Mike05 (Mike)

More the Merrier.. grin.gif

Add two more to the "interested" column:

Whip (Larry)

Smiller (Seth)

Thanks guys!! thumbsup.gif

Before I could commit I would like to know what to expect as far as length of course. Is this an all day course, half day, etc. Dates would be important as I work a lot of Saturdays. I am "interested" and think the class would be a good idea.

Hi Terry,

Not looking for "commitment" at this time, only trying to gage interest. None of us are able to announce "IN" until the details are posted, so you're absolutely right!

In fact, one of the reasons we're drumming up potential interested parties ( grin.gif couldn't resist the phrase) is to draw on that group to decide some of the details!!

So, "interested"

realshelby (Terry)

ADIFW (Angel) (Thanks)

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Sorry for the late reply, but count this as me being "interested". I'm fairly flexible on a time and duration, so whatever works for everyone else is groovy. thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...
mIKE-mY-mAN..any idea when this will be held??

Month even?? lurker.giflurker.gif

I'm interested.... thumbsup.gif

If that beer dude from Idihow is interested, how can I resist? Count me in as interested thumbsup.gif

O.K.; time for an update.

When is starting to look like March or April on a weekend day; main reason is lots of folks say they want to be able to ride in for it.

More specifically, it is directly related to who the

instructor will be & their scheduled openings.

Where is still the Dallas/Ft. Worth area unless someone has a better opportunity.

Remember, we're trying to make this a "recognized" First Aid Training session with the emphasis on use/application as it applys to motorcycle accident scenes. In other words, you take the course, you get a card that says you took the course and, if possible, we train a few to go on to other places & do the same thing.

We may end up with a lot less then that but that's the goal. BTW, one of our members has already offered to fly someone in to do the training; the interest in this course continues to grow.

Right now we'll looking for qualified instructors; seems to me Jamie, Phil and a few others may qualify. Sure would like to hear from any interested (qualified) Board members!

Please feel free to voice an opinion on March or April you'd prefer to do this!!

Lastly, thanks for all the interest & offers of help; together we'll get this done!

From the first post:

The idea is to provide a class that allows for RED CROSS FIRST AID training & certification/re-certification with additional emphesis on rendering such aid at the scene of a motorcycle accident.

Just for planning purposes, if you were at all interested in coaxing me out to teach the class, I'm no longer "Red Cross certified" and the classes I've been teaching are a full day with specific emphasis just on motorcyclists (i.e. your riding buddy is down in the middle of nowhere--where do you start, how do you prioritize, and what do you do? blush.gif )

O.K.; time for an update.

When is starting to look like March or April on a weekend day; main reason is lots of folks say they want to be able to ride in for it.

More specifically, it is directly related to who the

instructor will be & their scheduled openings.

Where is still the Dallas/Ft. Worth area unless someone has a better opportunity.

Remember, we're trying to make this a "recognized" First Aid Training session with the emphasis on use/application as it applies to motorcycle accident scenes. In other words, you take the course, you get a card that says you took the course and, if possible, we train a few to go on to other places & do the same thing.

We may end up with a lot less then that but that's the goal. BTW, one of our members has already offered to fly someone in to do the training; the interest in this course continues to grow.

Right now we'll looking for qualified instructors; seems to me Jamie, Phil and a few others may qualify. Sure would like to hear from any interested (qualified) Board members!

Please feel free to voice an opinion on March or April you'd prefer to do this!!

Lastly, thanks for all the interest & offers of help; together we'll get this done!

I'll know my March/April availability after mid-January or so. I'll watch this thread for interest and other developments. smile.gif

I'll know my March/April availability after mid-January or so. I'll watch this thread for interest and other developments. smile.gif

eye.jpg

am

news_image.276232.jpg

also!

wave.gifwave.gifwave.gif

This is looking very interesting. I see three ASMI instructors in Texas, but two of them are in the Houston area. Watching this thread too!

(I already have two classes going in February.)

• 1 month later...

Pending eventual shift change, I might be available the 29th (and 28th) of March, but I'd have to leave for home on Sunday the 30th. lurker.gif

Just for planning purposes, if you were at all interested in coaxing me out to teach the class, I'm no longer "Red Cross certified"
Personally, I'd be interested in motorcycle-specific subject material more than the card so I wouldn't care at all whether the class was officially certified or not. In fact if certification required a syllabus with a bunch of unrelated material I'd consider that undesirable. If both can be fully accommodated in one day, great, otherwise...

and the classes I've been teaching are a full day with specific emphasis just on motorcyclists (i.e. your riding buddy is down in the middle of nowhere--where do you start, how do you prioritize, and what do you do?)
And that's what I'd be interested in. thumbsup.gif

Maybe just me, but FWIW...

Rocket_Cowboy
Maybe just me, but FWIW...

I think we're all on the same page. We talked about the cert vs targeted content over lunch a few weeks ago ... it sounded like most all of us are in sync on what we want to get out of the session.

O.K. The "Texas Tech Daze: First Aid use/application at Motorcycle Accident Scenes" is scheduled for:

SATURDAY, MARCH 29th.

Chief Instructor is our own extremely qualified (more on that later) Jamie Edmonds; Leslie Edmonds is a comin' too!! clap.gifclap.gif

That means quality instruction & plenty of hugs & smiles are heading to Texas. thumbsup.gif

Details will follow (exact time, place, etc.); for now, wanted to get the date out there for scheduling purposes.

Looking for a head count so if you can make it, please let us know.

Thanks all for your patience!

Okay, the bike's back together so I'm thinking toward doing this. End of March in and out of the mid-west can still be a bit dicey, but what the heck, first venture out of town for the year! 550 miles (more-or-less) in a day = Doable.

Mike - Post or PM me with some motel options please. No fleabags but inexpensive. (Or where in the city you are.)

Ken,

Sent you a pm.

Local accomodation information for all will be posted in the next few weeks.

So too will the agenda, location, birthday party details, ( wink.gif) topic outline etc.

This is gonna be fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Finally!! Received confirmation on request to reserve space for March 29th.!! clap.gif Here is the location we'll be using for the day:

HIGHLAND SHORES COMMUNITY CENTER

#1 Community Center Dr.

Highland Village, Texas 75077

It's located about 1/2 mile from the intersection of Highland Village Rd. (New Fire Station on the corner) & Highland Shores Blvd. (actually fronts on this street).

Other Points of interest:

** Current plan is to set up "classroom" style, using their table & chairs. Also, full kitchen facilities available as well so lunch is planned for on sight.

** Doors will open (can't get into the building before 9:00 a.m. the day of our meeting) at 9:30 a.m., with the meeting tentatively scheduled to run from 10:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. ( if Instructor KMG 365 agrees), with lunch & breaks in-between . Anyone who shows up before 9:00 a.m. can help set up!! smile.gif Coffee, water, donuts sodas etc. will be available.

** Important things left to do with input appreciated:

-Lunch menu options

-Notify everyone it's Jamie Edmond's Birthday that very day for folks that may want to stick around for whatever happens next! (Guess we just did that. wink.gif)

-Location of local places to stay.

-Start firming up the headcount

Lastly, could use a couple "volunteers".

My two-finger typing style means I better get this posted asap!! More to follow!!

Mike,

Let me know how I can help.

Brad

Bless you, my son.

pm on the way with list. wink.gif

Only kidding, but, as usual, will rely on you to help out.

Thanks!!

"Confirmed" List looks like this as of today:

Mike05 (Mike & Joyce)

KMG_365 (Jamie)

Les is more (Leslie) clap.gif Made it!

tobysuza (Brad)

AIDFW (Angel)

Rocket Cowboy (Charlie)

smiller (Seth)

3Putt (Tom & Joyce )

MooreDriven (Dale)

Whip (& hopefully "Mrs. Whip" Louise)

Ken H (& Donna)

SteveSardone

fossil (Roland)

Slyder_Steve

If you don't see your name and are planning to attend please post here so we can decide on the size of the Birthday Cake!! grin.gif

I'm officially IN!!

I had to whine like a baby to get out of my concert and put up with a few dirty looks from my fellow altos but it will be SO worth it!

Archived