IGNORED

Anybody out there tried the Hex Code GS-911?

Bullett

This device was written up in the BMWON October '07 issue. They say the device can read the codes on newer R,K and F bikes. According to the web site for the US distributor Linky, the device is relatively small, and can hook up with usb or bluetooth to your BB, cellphone or laptop.

For $299, seems like this might be a neat thing to have, so you don't have to go to the dealer to have them read fault codes.

Does anybody have one of these or has anybody tried one of these? What do you think?

Thanks.

Ken H., a tech mod here, has one and has written a bit about it. You might try a search on his username. He'll probably see this, too.

Weather here has been pretty nice, 60's in the day, mostly sunny. Clouds moved in yesterday. Supposed to rain tomorrow.

I rode to work twice this week, when I didn't have too much paper to haul. grin.gif

Thanks for posting the links, David. I should have searched further back in the posts. Maybe I'll get one for Jan for his birthday, then we can both use it.grin.gif

Yes, as David mentioned, myself (and several others here) have one. I demoed it at the UNRally this year. It's a great start for us DIYers to be able to access parts of these bikes we have never been able to before. I recommend it for the serious home BMW wencher.

Maybe I'll get one for Jan for his birthday, then we can both use it.grin.gif
Oh, you're just teasing me because I haven't been up to visit since Les and Jamie rode through... tongue.gif
Don_Eilenberger
This device was written up in the BMWON October '07 issue. They say the device can read the codes on newer R,K and F bikes. According to the web site for the US distributor Linky, the device is relatively small, and can hook up with usb or bluetooth to your BB, cellphone or laptop.

For $299, seems like this might be a neat thing to have, so you don't have to go to the dealer to have them read fault codes.

Does anybody have one of these or has anybody tried one of these? What do you think?

Thanks.

Well - I wrote the Owners News article - so what the article said is about what I think. I have been known to take the GS911 with me on trips, just so I'd never need to use it (Eilenberger's Law of Parts and Tools..)

Great device. If you're doing your own wrenching on a modern BMW - it's a tool that's worth adding to your toolbox.

BTW - Got to meet Stephen - the maker/engineer/software guru who came up with it - while at the Asheville RA rally (he wasn't going to the rally - but was riding through the area - we had dinner..) He kindly donated two of them for door prizes at the rally. Never heard from who won them - hopefully they aren't sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Archived