IGNORED

Anybody seen the new HJC FS-10 helmet?

Exploreinman

I tried one on recently. Very nice mechanism for the sun shield. Interior lining appears to be a big upgrade from the CL-15 series I have. Price was $239 I think. I would want to ride with one to see how noisy it is. The shield mechanism on top of the helmet MIGHT make a little noise. After recently buying a Caberg with the flip down sun shield I don't want to take a chance on another helmet being that noisy. I was waiting on the Scorpion 1000 but it seemed they would never arrive. Bought the Caberg and have been VERY unhappy with the noise and reduced vision from the eyeport. But I will say that after having the flip down sun shield I won't ride without that feature again!

The HJC is not Snell approved. Additionally, we have heard reports that they are noisy and they squeek/rattle. We carry HJC helmets in our dealership, but won't carry the FS-10.

The Scorpion EXO-1000's are available. We've got them in stock. Full-face protection, Snell 2005 approved, internal flip-down sunshield, no squeeks or rattles, plus they have an inflatable bladder (think Reebok "Pump" sneakers) behind the cheekpads so you can snug up the fit to your personal liking. Good ventilation and it does take a different faceshield than the EXO-400/700's, just in case you're thinking of upgrading from one of those. Sizing runs about a half-size small, but this is an absolutely outstanding helmet. I'm not quoting a price because I'm not after a sale here. Just passing on the info. You should be able to find these helmets in your local area. Support your local dealer. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the "heads up" on the Scorpian helmet. I've never seen one before. I checked out the EXO 1000 on their website and it's a nice looking helmet. How do you rate it in terms of quietness and light weight? The only thing I didn't like was they don't offer any bright, visible solid colors. I generally buy yellow helmets simply to make myself more visible and they are cooler in the summer than a dark colored helmet. I've worn a HJC AC-11 for the last 5 years and was looking at replacing it with the AC-12. I think it's a great helmet for a reasonable price. Since you're a dealer, do you recommend looking at any other helmet brands in the $200-350 range?

Thanks for your insight.

Thanks for the "heads up" on the Scorpian helmet. I've never seen one before. I checked out the EXO 1000 on their website and it's a nice looking helmet. How do you rate it in terms of quietness and light weight? The only thing I didn't like was they don't offer any bright, visible solid colors. I generally buy yellow helmets simply to make myself more visible and they are cooler in the summer than a dark colored helmet. I've worn a HJC AC-11 for the last 5 years and was looking at replacing it with the AC-12. I think it's a great helmet for a reasonable price. Since you're a dealer, do you recommend looking at any other helmet brands in the $200-350 range?

Thanks for your insight.

The RF-1000 from Shoei is about the best helmet even close to that price range, although it's higher than $350. Below that the HJC AC-12 is still a good helmet as is the AC-12 Carbon, albeit at around $400 for the latter.

Below that there are many good helmets, but few really good ones. The Scorpion EXO-700 is one of the really good ones. The EXO-1000 has the Scorpion quality, but it's still an unproven commodity in the long term. We expect it to stand up well, but it remains to be seen.

Ultimately it comes down to fit and quality. Pick a quality brand and see if it fits you right. If not, pick another. And remember, a 2-minute helmet fitting does you no good. A helmet needs to be snug, but not tight, with even pressure around your head. Wear the helmet at the dealership for at least a half hour. If it's still comfortable and you're not constantly adjusting it to relieve "hot spots," then it's a good fit.

stubblejumper

I've worn a HJC AC-11 for the last 5 years and was looking at replacing it with the AC-12. I think it's a great helmet for a reasonable price. Since you're a dealer, do you recommend looking at any other helmet brands in the $200-350 range?

I have been wearing the AC12 carbon for two years and am very pleased with it.

Saw an ad in Rider for the new HJC helmet that has a built in SunShield. Anybody know anything about this helmet? lurker.gif

If you want an integrated sun visor try the Nolan N-102 N-COM. It also has a nice communicator setup.

I've worn a HJC AC-11 for the last 5 years and was looking at replacing it with the AC-12. I think it's a great helmet for a reasonable price. Since you're a dealer, do you recommend looking at any other helmet brands in the $200-350 range?

I have been wearing the AC12 carbon for two years and am very pleased with it.

If you're interested in an AC-12, Newenough.com is having a killer sale on them. I got a brand new AC-12 for $129 two weeks ago.

Archived