IGNORED

When will the body style change for the RT?

Bear1

Does anyone have any idea of when the RT is do for a styling update? It seems BMW is currently in the third year of the current body style for the RT and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of when the next body style change might occur.

Does anyone have any idea of when the RT is do for a styling update? It seems BMW is currently in the third year of the current body style for the RT and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of when the next body style change might occur.

I talked to a representative. He was a bit snide, but did respond. He turned the question back to me and asked me when I thought the style should change? I replied "ASAP". He appeared satisfied with that.

Tipover Bob

The R1100RT came out in 1996. The R1150RT was a mild update in looks. Front fairing and headlight changed, the rest remained pretty much the same as the R1100. The last R1150RT were 2005. That is a life span of ten years. For the R1200RT your guess is as good as mine.

The R1100RT came out in 1996. The R1150RT was a mild update in looks. Front fairing and headlight changed, the rest remained pretty much the same as the R1100. The last R1150RT were 2005. That is a life span of ten years. For the R1200RT your guess is as good as mine.

I would agree with that. BMW usually makes a complete styling change at a new model introduction and cosmetic updates a few years later. The 1200's are 3 to 4 years old now. I wouldn't think a restyle will come out for another few.

Frank

My first impression of the R1200RT was that there were too many separate tupperware parts... bncry.gif

But after swaping out the black defuser for a silver one to match my silver bike, I am rather content with the look of the total package. smile.gif

And after doing some work, I find the tupperware quite easy to remove, takes < 20 minutes to take it all off. clap.gif

Final evaluation... One of the Best Ever thumbsup.gif

<When will the body style change for the RT?>

Soon we hope!!! Not many Star Wars fans left. lmao.gif

We can only hope! Not many Green Goblin fans left!

lmao.giflmao.gif

Archived