IGNORED

Shopping for a 2007 R1200RT

BobinCo

Stopped by the dealer here in Denver and found a real nice silver Rt with 2k miles on it. $16500 or so. lots of options with bags and large top case. Heated seat and grips.

Onboard computer and a plug up front. Just wondering if there was something I should be wanting ot looking for. I guess ESA has its pro and cons and a lot of people get rid of the seat pretty quickly too. My 02 RT is doing fine with 32K miles but the misses likes the new one and I'm not complaining. Just a good chunk of change and i want to do it right. Thanks, Bob

Hey, Bob!

I grew up in Boulder -- live in NC now.

I just bought a used '07 with a large topcase, bag liners and head protectors for $15,750. It has 7,200 miles on it which means it is broken in and I didn't have to pay for the 600 and 6,000 mile service. I would not shy away from a good bike with 10k or 12k on it. Just have the dealer go over it before you buy. (one hour of labor at $60 and well worth it) Mine has new tires, cruise, heated grips and seats and the onboard computer. I was glad it does not have ESA and no radio/cd. I ride one up and prefer the silence.

The ergonomics on this bike are good but you may want barbacks, lower footpegs, an aftermarket windscreen, and an aftermarket seat depending on your height and weight. I also added GS mirrors which just bolt on the handlebars as, when I load up for a trip I can't see well using the standard mirrors. I also added Hyperlites which flash and are super bright.

Hope this helps.

Gael

Just bought a 06 R12RT 3400 miles...loaded.

Love the bike, haven't ridden in much. Really thought I was holding out for a new Concours, but after riding it, I was over it.

Have fun.....the socks are kevlar;-)

218414217-S.jpg

Have put a couple of 100 Km on my new (to me) '06 RT. Compared to my '02 RT it is a much better machine, especially:

luggage latching/opening far easier

Instrument panel with temp readout, oil guage etc.

ESA helpful for occasional passengers and great for varied riding styles

Heated seats

Smoother transmission

smoother engine (no surge!)

Quieter brake servo and less grabby power assist at low speed

lighter feel around town

The only disadvantages I have found so far are with fairing protection. It seems a more wind cooling than my "02 especially on my outer shins, thighs and arms. I suspect the front profile of the fairing is narrower so thers is more direct contact with the airflow.

Go for a new RT - you won't regret it thumbsup.gif

The only disadvantages I have found so far are with fairing protection. It seems a more wind cooling than my "02 especially on my outer shins, thighs and arms. I suspect the front profile of the fairing is narrower so thers is more direct contact with the airflow.

I immediately noticed much more airflow on my feet on my 12RT compared to my 11RT. This is progress? Better have warm boots!

Glad to hear others have noticed it. I thought it was poor circulation from these old arteries passing the mid century mark this summer. I guess I'll need some of those battery operated ski socks under my c'boy boots.

I immediately noticed much more airflow on my feet on my 12RT compared to my 11RT. This is progress? Better have warm boots!

Having to buy an extra pair of socks is well worth the other gains, IMO.

I just happened to look at the local paper I never read anymore and found a 2004 R1150RT Black with 7500 miles and a radio. Picked it up for the payoff of $10.500 runs like a dream. I already had a Sargent seat for it and I'm set for while and even have cash left over. Cool eh. New is great but paid for is good too. Bob grin.gif

Archived