IGNORED

Speedometer Light

Tshader

Can the speedometer lightbulb on a 02 R1150RT be replaced without removing the dashboard?? Can I access the bulb with the left side panel removed?? confused.gif

Thanks for any help!! smirk.gif

I guess I'll have to answer my own questions!!!! There is no way in HE** that you can get those two, yes two , little light bulbs out without removing the instrument panel. Of course this means removing both side fairings, windshield and whatever else is in the way. eek.gif Oh well, it's done now. Hope this helps someone in the future. I just can't believe no one responded... confused.gif

If Bill hadn't responded, I was going to quote official BMW dogma:

'Those things never fail.'

'We haven't ever had to replace one.'

'This is the first one we've seen.'

You've got that right about BMW "dogma"!!! clap.gif

Oh well, one thing lead to another and now I have replaced my alternator belt and cleaned up the shark fins on both sides of the bike...Yea me thumbsup.gif

Take care!!

• 9 months later...
I guess I'll have to answer my own questions!!!! There is no way in HE** that you can get those two, yes two , little light bulbs out without removing the instrument panel. Of course this means removing both side fairings, windshield and whatever else is in the way. eek.gif Oh well, it's done now. Hope this helps someone in the future. I just can't believe no one responded... confused.gif

Is this all we have on replacing the speedometer light bulb ? I have a 1999 R1100RT and the light went out. Is there more info out there or is it just straight forward when I start diggin in ?

Yeeha! Stephen

Don't know about the 1100, but on the 1150 it was easier to tilt the dash toward the handbars if I unplugged a few of the wire connectors. I didn't have to remove the headlight adjusting cable.

The Speedo and Tach are kinda hard to push out of the holder, there's a rubber type seal around them.

I changed all of the little bulbs while I was in there. I just put in the ones you can get at Autozone, Pep Boys and the like. I didn't opt for "official BMW" bulbs.

Basically it's just a "take things apart until you get there" kinda thing.

Archived