IGNORED

Can I still be a member?

Dragnet

I met many of you at Torrey, UT this past October. Very good time! Although I was riding a Yamaha FZ1, you all made me feel very much welcome. I had intended to purchase a new R12RT, but have instead decided to go with an '08 Kawasaki Concourse. I'm picking it up this Saturday. Hope you don't mind.

Best Regards to all,

Dragnet

Rocket_Cowboy

Your requirement to be a member without an RT is to ride frequent trips, post many ride reports, and share all your pictures. Pictures are important to prove the ride reports and trip stories are valid. smile.gif

Enjoy your stay. thumbsup.gif

I met many of you at Torrey, UT this past October. Very good time! Although I was riding a Yamaha FZ1, you all made me feel very much welcome. I had intended to purchase a new R12RT, but have instead decided to go with an '08 Kawasaki Concourse. I'm picking it up this Saturday. Hope you don't mind.

Best Regards to all,

Dragnet

No chance....your out!!!!!!

Wait.....where did my BMW go?????

lmao.gif

Hope to see ya at Torrey in May.

BTW...the only one in Torrey in October was Killer.

Your friend

Whip

What the heck, its not like you ride a FJR, Tuono, KTM Adventure, V-Strom, Multistrada, Goldwing, ST 1300, SV650, or a Road King or anything like that. Those guys make me sick. smirk.gif

J/K. This place tolerated me for 3+ years and ~800 posts before I drank the Kool-Aid.

Your requirement to be a member without an RT is to ride frequent trips, post many ride reports, and share all your pictures. Pictures are important to prove the ride reports and trip stories are valid. smile.gif

Enjoy your stay. thumbsup.gif

ut oh, I thought we were supposed to use the pictures to tell a lie tale ooo.gif. Please excuse newbie error. eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif Sorry.

wink.gif

I'll be looking forward to that review and all of the ride tales--oh and perhaps a little ride on the Kawi when next we meet. smile.gif

You know, since you said you were picking it up on Saturday - you can expect us to start nagging you for pictures around 13:00 EST.

Enjoy the Kaw. They make great bikes (see sig). And I don't care what you ride... you're okay in my book.

Yea, alright!! You can play in the sand box too.

Hmmm, nice toy. Let's see how YOUR FD holds up!! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Oh, and has already been stated, this thread will be worthless without pics of the new ride!!!

thumbsup.gifwave.gifthumbsup.gifwave.gif

russell_bynum
A Concours? No problem. It's those deranged FJR riders you have to watch out for. grin.gif

And those jerks on Italian bikes, too!

have instead decided to go with an '08 Kawasaki Concourse. I'm picking it up this Saturday. Hope you don't mind.

Mind? As you can already tell, we don't mind what you ride. As the saying goes, "Whatever puts your knees in the breeze!" thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

But since you started it - and me being a huge fan of the early Concours - I too will be waiting for that review/ride report. Congratulations!

Sheesh. I bring you along to Torrey, and now you go and do this? I am so, so embarrassed. I'll never be able to hold my head up again at our regular club meetings. Oh, wait, what meetings?

S'allright, Donn! Don't let that "BMW" in the name of the place fool ya. We're pretty much "run what you brung" around here (although purt' near all the non-BMW riders are at least ex-BMW riders, so you may be setting a precedent). Of course, as you've already discovered, you may have to take some ribbing.

Hey, do me a favor. Keep track of your gas mileage for a while. I like the idea of the bike--cheaper maint., smoother transmission, broader power curve, better warrenty. Then I read an article where the writer only got 26 mpg and other reviewer got about 30. Not the info I want to take to my wife if I get one.

Archived