IGNORED

Question about BMW police bikes

brianbmw

yes. you have to buy the seat mount and some other parts too. There will be some wiring to remove because that is where all the amplifier, radio and hazard electronics are kept. there is a post somewhere on this site as the parts too buy. I think it was about 500$ including the seat.

Flip that around now. Can you take the hard case off the top of the RT-P and put it on a regular RT? Be an interesting solution to something I've been thinking about for my bike, me being a solo rider and having no need of a passenger seat grin.gif

I understand that the RTP has a different rear subframe - so the conversion could be expensive - attached are the parts for the Radio Telephone Box

952486-r1150rt190.thumb.gif.cacc17ed17646b1a2df26ca27923798f.gif

Damean,

No intention to hijack this thread, but I was thinking dopeslap.gif about converting my 2000 RT-P into a 2 seater. Would you be interested in a one for one swap of conversion parts? If so, clap.gif please e-mail me and we can discuss. Thanks.

Flip that around now. Can you take the hard case off the top of the RT-P and put it on a regular RT? Be an interesting solution to something I've been thinking about for my bike, me being a solo rider and having no need of a passenger seat grin.gif

If the trade deal doesn't work out, BMR makes a shelf that goes back there- pretty slick.

I have no affiliation to BMR, BTW.

http://www.bmrproducts.com/proddetail.php?prod=005_RTFlatbed&cat=7

lacofdfireman

I bought a seat conversion kit from GINA at Long Beach BMW of California. Call them and ask for her. The sell the complete kit minus the locks. Bad part is there are no instructions. Lots of nuts and bolts to figure out where they go. I ended up selling my RT-P and seat kit so I never had a chance to try and do the install. Kicking myself in the butt for selling the bike but it's one of those things where you need the money more than the bike at the moment.

Archived