IGNORED

2nd Annual Thanksgiving Male Chauvanist Pig Breakfast Ride, Thursday 11/22.

EffBee

Actually, the official name is the:

"Honey, I'm Gonna Get Out Of Your Way So You Can Cook Thanksgiving Dinner In Peace, Male Chauvanist Pig Breakfast Ride." And yes, ladies are welcome.

Well, hail. Enough of you have asked me about it I guess we need to try and do this again. The Bakery in Julian is open on Thanksgiving. And normally that means if you're not there at 7:30 when the doors unlock, you don't get a seat. So someone else (shudder!) gets your apple/walnut/oatmeal pancakes, your side order of 8 strips of bacon, and your 3 scrambled eggs. Of course there are also biscuits the size of a large tuna can, a waffle deep enough to hide a half a bottle of syrup in, and other gastronomic exxagerations.

Fortunately, being Thanksgiving, their business skews toward turkey dinner that day, so we can arrive a little bit later (allowing Nora to get her beauty sleep), and we should be able to get seated without much issue. So, unless you hear differently, here's the plan.

Coming from SoCal we can meet at my house at 6AM (PM me for address/directions. . .do not trust MapQuest for directions) or you can just ride to the rendezvous point. Sandy Eggo area riders can meet at our SoCal rendezvous point or if someone from down south wants to post here with a pre-staging area and/or a rendezvous point of your own, please do so.

SoCal Rendezvous:

From I-15, take the Hwy79 East exit (in Temecula), go east about 1 block and turn right into the side street with the Mobil station on it. We will depart FROM the Mobil station at 7:00AM sharp and that should put us in Julian at 8:00, seated/eating/paid/out by 9:30AM and home by 11-11:30. If you don't overdo breakfast, you should have room for a 3PM Thanksgiving dinner.

Please RSVP below and if you want to take the lead for the SD riders and establish your own meeting points, be my guest.

One note: We will be cooked for and served by people who don't have Thanksgiving off and we are grateful for their sacrifice. It IS Thanksgiving, so we tip heavy. Come armed.

Wish I could make this but will be on the road heading north that morning. Just a reminder that with all the fires down in that area that there may be more than the usual amount of confused critters to run out in front of you.

Have fun everyone and Happy Tday! lurker.gif

Wish I could make this but will be on the road heading north that morning. Just a reminder that with all the fires down in that area that there may be more than the usual amount of confused critters to run out in front of you.

Good point, Brian. Thanks. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. We're going to miss you.

Coming from SoCal we can meet at my house at 6AM (PM me for address/directions. . .

Sleeping in are we? grin.gif

Oh yeah, I'm in! thumbsup.gif

Cool.clap.gif I'll call them and let them know they're gonna need more pancake batter. thumbsup.gif

russell_bynum

Count me as a definite maybe/probably/yeah sure. grin.gif

Naturally, I'll meet you nuts at the Mobil station 10, ready to roll at 7.

Who knows...I might even ride the BMW. cool.gif

You're welcome!!!!

Wish I could go, but I'm the party that has to stay back and supervise my family (who'll be in town visiting), to ensure the 5 year old and two two-year old niecelets don't blow up the cat, and see if my mom needs any help cooking the turkey (just because they're at our house, doesn't mean mom gets out of making the turkey!! Believe me, nobody would want to eat a turkey that I make!) thumbsup.gif

Lisa, you guys live closest of all of us to Julian. I'll bet if Russell rode the Beemer, he could order you a breakfast to go at the last minute, stick it in one saddlebag, put one of those incredible Julian Apple Pies in the other saddlebag, and get both home to you while they're still hot.

Of course, he'd have to slow down a bit so then the rest of us would stand a fighting chance of keeping him in sight, but that's not the real reason I suggested this. Nope, it isn't. Not at all. Uh-uh. grin.gif

Rats. Sounds like a really fun time with fun folks, but we're out. frown.gif

Leslie will be singing in Mexico City and I'll be having cold turkey at the Fire Station between calls.

(But don't feel too sorry for me, I'll be just back from riding the Death Valley Pre-Run! thumbsup.gif )

(But don't feel too sorry for me, I'll be just back from riding the Death Valley Pre-Run! thumbsup.gif )

Death Valley Pre-Run? I hadn't heard about that. Are you taking suggestions as to where it should be this year? lmao.gif

Truly sorry you and Les won't be making it to Julian. I think I may actually have the Lady Penelope in tow this year. At least she asked me to buy her some new gear, so we'll see.

And do not fret. Someone, several someones, will be there to eat your pancakes.

Take care. Enjoy the firehouse turkey. And tell Les not to drink the water.

"Julian apple pies". Ever notice the boxes for apples outside the bakeries and restaurants in Julian? When I was there the boxes all said WASHINGTON on them.

I'm not sure there are enough active groves of trees around there to supply the demand with local stock.

It's still a stellar destination! Used to go up there on the way to the October fest that the Dan Diego club oncest sponsored. It's as close to a 'Back East" location that So Cal can provide.

But the wife doesn't lift the big bird so I gotta do the man stuff and heft the carcass into the fire and clean the bathrooms.

Besides I think the bike just died. bncry.gif

It's a shame that we won't get to meet you. Heck, we might have even found out what your name is. "Hey notacop, pass the syrup," just doesn't have that brotherly ring to it. wink.gif Perhaps next year, or sooner in DV or Torrey. thumbsup.gif

russell_bynum
Naturally, I'll meet you nuts

Yeah, their nuts but I've got the morning off so .................in!!

Oh sh*t...the Queen of Lean is coming...better bring your "A game", guys. grin.gif

Naturally, I'll meet you nuts

Yeah, their nuts but I've got the morning off so .................in!!

Oh sh*t...the Queen of Lean is coming...better bring your "A game", guys. grin.gif

Not only that, but I hear she's bringing the little SV650 with the Ohlins, reworked forks, and enough cornering clearance to scrape the bar ends. You're in trouble, Tuono Boy. grin.gif

Me? I'm riding sweep. Best seat in the house. lurker.gif

Besides, I'll have a passenger. dopeslap.gif

russell_bynum

Not only that, but I hear she's bringing the little SV650 with the Ohlins, reworked forks, and enough cornering clearance to scrape the bar ends. You're in trouble, Tuono Boy.

I was in trouble when I was on the Tuono and she was on her RT. eek.gif

Not only that, but I hear she's bringing the little SV650 with the Ohlins, reworked forks, and enough cornering clearance to scrape the bar ends. You're in trouble, Tuono Boy. grin.gif

I may have to make this one if the sportbikes are coming into play. lurker.gif

russell_bynum

I may have to make this one if the sportbikes are coming into play. lurker.gif

Not sure. Right now I'm leaning towards riding the RS, but it'll probably be a decision that doesn't get made until I put my helmet on Thursday morning.

I'm just gonna give my order to Norah at the gas station & let her order it for me upon her arrival, then it'll be ready to eat when I arrive! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Oh you guys are so good for the ego...but not to worry. At that time of morning I'll be lucky to keep up with any of you.....yeah I've seen most of you ride "slow" that's why I was behind ya. If Jerry's goin on the Duc, look out. Between Jerry and Russell you both need to be out front so you can order breakfast for all of us!!!!

russell_bynum
The weatherman says a low of 29 and a high of 47 so I figure it’s still going to be a bit chilly at breakfast time. Heated grips rock!

OK...I'll definitely be on the BMW then. eek.gif

29F? That ain't right. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

The weatherman says a low of 29 and a high of 47 so I figure it’s still going to be a bit chilly at breakfast time. Heated grips rock!

I little ride up to Newcomb's may be a better call for me, if it's that cool. If I could get the BMW parts out of Germany for the KRS in time, the weather wouldn't be an issue. lurker.gif

Julian extended weather forecast

Depending how Windy, and if I can convince the powers at be to hold off until 4:00pm Turkey dinner, you all may see a Hun coming at you with the morning sun at his back....

DerKaisr thumbsup.gif

Julian extended weather forecast

Depending how Windy, and if I can convince the powers at be to hold off until 4:00pm Turkey dinner, you all may see a Hun coming at you with the morning sun at his back....

DerKaisr thumbsup.gif

Dood, that would be awesome! Ohmigawd, Arizona. This thing is getting to be freakin INTERNATIONAL! wink.giftongue.giflmao.gif Bring it. thumbsup.gif

Please RSVP below ...

Right now, I'm 50/50. Do I "RS" or "VP"?

smirk.gif

Do I have to have all the tupperware on to participate? That might be a problem.

tongue.gif

One note: We will be cooked for and served by people who don't have Thanksgiving off and we are grateful for their sacrifice. It IS Thanksgiving, so we tip heavy. Come armed.

Yeah, yeah. It's not like they are doing mandatory service at the soup kitchen and have no other choice.

But I do tend to tip well since I spent a semester waiting tables. Tough, thankless job.

Ohmigawd, Arizona. This thing is getting to be freakin INTERNATIONAL! wink.giftongue.giflmao.gif Bring it. thumbsup.gif

First I find out that Canada is our 51st state and now I find out that Arizona is a different country! Where have I been?

lmao.gif

AdventurePoser
Ohmigawd, Arizona. This thing is getting to be freakin INTERNATIONAL! wink.giftongue.giflmao.gif Bring it. thumbsup.gif

First I find out that Canada is our 51st state and now I find out that Arizona is a different country! Where have I been?

lmao.gif

You need to get out and ride more... lmao.giflmao.gif

Steve

You need to get out and ride more... lmao.giflmao.gif

Steve

Or maybe stop more. On my way to Deming for the BBQ, I spent Friday night in Blythe, left Saturday morning a 3:45 am (CA time), stopped for breakfast, swap face shields and fill up with gas in Apache Junction (at sunrise). Following AZ60 then AZ70, my next stop was Lordsburg, NM for gas, so I only stopped once in AZ and that was a purposeful stop (no loitering around).

I'm keeping an eye on the weather, in particular the winds. Santa Ana winds are supposed to return to SoCal next week. I'm hearing everything from Wed to Fri as the arrival dates. If they're as bad as the ones we had during the recent fires, this would put our ride in jeopardy for some people, depending on where they live and from where they'd have to ride/return. If they're milder, then they're just a weather factor as part of a ride. I'll keep everyone informed.

russell_bynum
I'm keeping an eye on the weather, in particular the winds. Santa Ana winds are supposed to return to SoCal next week. I'm hearing everything from Wed to Fri as the arrival dates. If they're as bad as the ones we had during the recent fires, this would put our ride in jeopardy for some people, depending on where they live and from where they'd have to ride/return. If they're milder, then they're just a weather factor as part of a ride. I'll keep everyone informed.

The upside is that Santa Ana winds generally mean warm temps. smile.gif

AdventurePoser

Which is great if you stay upright! lmao.gif

Last weekend, no forecast of Santa Anas, but they were there below the canyons heading into the San Bernardino mtns. Overall wind velocity wasn't all that high, but the gusts were knife-edge sharp, which provided some interesting moments for me! grin.gifblush.gif

Steve

IN... as long as i can get my butt outta bed early enough and over to Fernando's... but as long as i'm awake for breakfast i'll be okay wave.gif

ps - will the route be posted for us slow folk?? (meaning me) dopeslap.gif

russell_bynum

will the route be posted for us slow folk??

Slow? Ain't you the guy who gave one of the Attack Kawasaki's a run for their money at Fontana? cool.gif

Archived