IGNORED

Nate Kern is the Coolest Guy Ever!

Jim Moore

Fellas,

I met Nate Kern last winter at JenningsGP racetrack. While we were chatting, I mentioned that my BMW club has a track day at Jennings every year. I half-jokingly asked him if he would like to come. Much to my surprise he said, "That sounds great. When is it?"

Fast forward to last Saturday. Sure enough, Nate, his huge trailer, his wicked-cool bikes, and his two mechanics showed up Jennings for the BMW club track day!

"That's pretty cool," I thought. I figured he would ride a few laps, sign a few autographs, then head on home. Boy, was I mistaken. That guy spent the whole day either giving classes, or riding in the groups. He answered every question with patience and a smile. He was happy to help any way he could. He worked harder and did more instructing than any of my instructors. No fewer than ten people came up to me with some version of, "Holy crap. Nate Kern pulled in front of me and led me arund the track for a few laps. Then he pulled me into the pits for a debrief. That was awesome."

He also showed us why he's Nate and we're not. It is difficult to describe, but try to picture him coming into turn one at Jennings hard on the brakes with the the rear end hopping back and forth, then suddenly the whole bike is sideways and he's back on the throttle rocketing through the turn. Someone asked him about it and he said something about how he "lets the front end tuck a little bit to get the bike pointed where he wants it to go." Yikes!

All in all, he really made our event something special. He is a cool guy, and a great ambassador for BMW. Thanks again, Nate.

Hi Jim,

I had the same experience with N8 at Jennings a month ago and I wish I could have been there with you guys.

Nate's a great person first, and I find it hard to believe his skill level when I'm on the track going 90% and he flies by "just having fun" as he puts it.

For us, the best thing is that he's willing to share his knowledge. What more could you want? clap.gif

Hi Jim,

I had the same experience with N8 at Jennings a month ago and I wish I could have been there with you guys.

Nate's a great person first, and I find it hard to believe his skill level when I'm on the track going 90% and he flies by "just having fun" as he puts it.

For us, the best thing is that he's willing to share his knowledge. What more could you want?

You never let me fly by you...why Nate?

Hi Jim,

For us, the best thing is that he's willing to share his knowledge. What more could you want?

You never let me fly by you...why Nate?

Because Nate can....I couldn't do anything about it, you on the other hand, I can keep in the rear view lmao.giflmao.gif

No, Jim.

You're the coolest guy ever.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that. wink.gif

Hey! I thought we had a deal!

That was a fun weekend. I'll talk to my boss this week.

Archived