IGNORED

Gerbing heater controller mounting?

rondob4

If its a portable dual controller I got the leather case for mine and I clip it to the side pocket of my Big Mak tank bag on my R1100RT. I have the power cord from the battery coming up from under the left side of the seat and it connects to the cord from the controller. I have the 2 other cords rolled and kept in the side pocket or inside of the tank bag (creatinga small opening between the 2 zippers on the top of the tank bag) when not in use.

Works well for me. Hope this helps.

I hook mine on my Santiago jacket belt on the left side.
Same thing with my Olympia and Joe Rocket jackets. I put some velcro on the back of the controller. Attach it to the velcro that holds the jacket belt and then tighten the belt over it. Nice and snug. The belt covers the controller - leaving the knob exposed on the top.

When I leave the bike, the controller goes with me.

If you use heated gloves, then I would highly recommend mounting it somewhere where you can see it (like on the side of your tank bag, as mentioned above) rather than on your person. I found it almost impossible to feel and solidly grip the knobs through heavy gloves (original style Gerbing heated gloves), so I'd occasionally find out the hard way that the adjustment I thought I'd just made hadn't done anything, or had been done on the wrong knob of the dual controller.

Its anyone using the permanent mounting? I've been thinking about getting that and mounting it where the radio goes on the R12RT.

Mounted to my GS Adventure:

198871039-L.jpg

And to my R1200ST:

123254435-L.jpg

Very happy with them!!

Its anyone using the permanent mounting? I've been thinking about getting that and mounting it where the radio goes on the R12RT.

Mounted to my GS Adventure:

Very happy with them!!

Wow!! Nice install. I can't tell where that is on your RT? Opps I see its on an ST. Looks really good though.

Very flexible as to where you can mount them. You just need to make sure you have about 2 to 2-1/2 inches behind the mount point as there is a hermetically sealed electronic control board on the back side of the knob.

Archived