IGNORED

Oregon-Baja_mainland Mexico-Oregon

outpost22

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

Where was the last picture in your "Linky" taken. We are looking at riding across Mexico (Brownsville to Mazatlan)and most of Baja next Summer. Is it possible to cross from Hwy 1 (Laguna Chapala) to Molino Lacy and up the coast to Miramar and San Felipe on a Street Bike like the RT? Or is that 135miles of dirt just too beat up?

Thanks.

I took 220 pictures and no, you may not see SOME of them grin.gif I will load more here if you would really like to see them. The last picture on the sand was in Baja at Punta Baja Bob. It was a 70 mile ride in from the Highway on a very nasty road. The third picture is part of that road where I could stop and take it without falling over tongue.gif

I did post a few more, but the site only allows 4-5 at a time crazy.gif

Where was the last picture in your "Linky" taken. We are looking at riding across Mexico (Brownsville to Mazatlan)and most of Baja next Summer. Is it possible to cross from Hwy 1 (Laguna Chapala) to Molino Lacy and up the coast to Miramar and San Felipe on a Street Bike like the RT? Or is that 135miles of dirt just too beat up?

Thanks.

I did not ride that route, but ALL the dirt roads I was on were NOT suitable for an RT. At least I know that I wouldn't ride my RT on them and I have ridden it on several here in the states (two up).

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I did post a few more, but the site only allows 4-5 at a time crazy.gif

I personally prefer more photos and less text, but that's probably because I have a short attention span. grin.gif

When you say the site only allows 4-5 at a time, are you referring to this site? If so, I wonder what's up with some of your settings perhaps. I know that I have posted more than that and others have as well.

Edit: Ahh, the chain gang site. Gotcha. This site will let you post as many as you wish. thumbsup.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Looks good. I especially like the shot of the Mexican gas station. Where do they haul the trailer to fill up the "station"?

I found a simple and easy way to post on different sites especially where there are different rules for posting photos. Both Chain Gang and ADVrider use the IMG tags. We use the IMAGE tags. I build the story in Microsoft Word, but any word processing format works fine. I first started doing this even when I was just posting here, at a point when the DB software would time out and when you tried to post, you'd lose everything. AAArrrgh!

After I post here I go back to my document and using the Edit-Replace feature, searching for IMAGE and replacing it with IMG. Then I cut and paste the whole thing in ADVrider. Super fast and easy. I participate with a different user name over there so it makes it a little more fun.

Your adventure looked great! I like the KLR-firewood hauler too. smile.gif

Looks good. I especially like the shot of the Mexican gas station. Where do they haul the trailer to fill up the "station"?

All gas comes from government owned Pemex staions. Mexico is litteraly lined with pick-up time bombs hauling hundreds of gallons of gas in their rigs from a Pemex station to some podunk town. God help you if you get in a wreck with one of these flame throwers. eek.gif

AdventurePoser

Great story, and post more pics. I plan on riding down to Cabo and back on my R1200RT soon and am looking forward to it!

Thanks again for posting.

Steve

Hey, we met you guys just south of Mulege. I was on the yellow F650 and my buddy was on a blue k75.

Great story. We did not go nearly as far as you guys, and stuck to the pavement because my riding buddy had an old K75. We still had a blast, though.

Ditto on the F650. It's a great bike for traveling on different roads. It's not the best at any one thing, but it does many things well.

Hey, we met you guys just south of Mulege. I was on the yellow F650 and my buddy was on a blue k75.

Great story. We did not go nearly as far as you guys, and stuck to the pavement because my riding buddy had an old K75. We still had a blast, though.

Ditto on the F650. It's a great bike for traveling on different roads. It's not the best at any one thing, but it does many things well.

I do remember running into your group. It was the same place that a guy was telling how his truck and three motorcycles were stolen in front of their motel in Ensenada and they recovered all of them. It wasn't too long after we left Mulege that the real tire troubles started on the KLR.

Glad you made it home o.k. Did your GS have any problems?

I do remember running into your group. It was the same place that a guy was telling how his truck and three motorcycles were stolen in front of their motel in Ensenada and they recovered all of them. It wasn't too long after we left Mulege that the real tire troubles started on the KLR.

Glad you made it home o.k. Did your GS have any problems?

No problems`with the GS--It ran like a champ. Last year I rode to Guatemala on an 1150GS, but I like the 650 better for such a trip, especially considering the gas mileage. There are stretches in Baja where gas stations are scarce. 65 MPG is great under those circumstances thumbsup.gif

Going in the other direction, Those Hot Springs out in Eastern Oregon would have been a true blessing!

Actually there are some near Bishop, CA in Benton that we have stopped at a couple of times on the way back from Death Valley. They really help tired muscles. I wasn't going to ride to the ones in eastern Oregon as I am in the south west part of the state. My hot shower at home felt good enough thumbsup.gif

Archived