IGNORED

R100RT tank bag

Wyn

I have one for a 97 1100rt. I assume it would fit a 98. I'd give it up cheap.

Cool, check your email. thumbsup.gif

Back to the post, My friend will need one for his 99 and finding this one is fine but I was inquireing as to who makes one that fits.

I've used the Big Mak tank bag for over 6 years and highly recommend it. Big Mak You can find other threads relating to this in search.

There are plenty of less expensive bags to choose from, so you have to figure in how often you'll use it. I keep mine on at all times, and really love the ability to tank up without removing or fiddling with the bag. The bag holds a lot and has held up great over the years. In addition, customer service has been terrific.

Just this season one of the screws to the bag frame backed out. It's kind of an odd screw type so I e-mailed them to purchase a replacement stating I would pay any minimum purchase requirement they had. In two days I rec'd 2 screws at no cost with a "thanks for using our bag" note. Not even shipping/handling charges.

Vinny:

Looks like a nice bag but the metal mount also looks like it would cut your balls off in an accident, heaven forbid.

Tipover Bob

Vinny:

Looks like a nice bag but the metal mount also looks like it would cut your balls off in an accident, heaven forbid.

Tipover Bob

Having been thrown through the windshield of my old Silverwing Interstate, I tend to agree. There is a reason why filler caps are flush mounted now. On the other hand, I do like the idea. Too bad there isn't a quick release for the platten when you are not using it.

I have a Marsee curved bottom strapped tank bag I got from Bob's BMW on line when on sale last Winter, $99... fits well as it curves and fits tank. 4 quick release buckles take a moment (I release only the 2 top ones and slide the bag onto my seat when I fill up) to release and attach. Solid bag that doesn't slide around and fits well. It's amazing the junk I put in there on a long ride!!

Archived