IGNORED

Battery question

MGN54

Hi everyone,

I've got a BMW battery that the PO put in my bike March 05. I can't see all of the part number on it but it does have a mark in the top corner for max/min as if it were a traditional battery. But I could have sworn Jim said it was a gel or agm battery. Can anyone confirm what this battery of that vintage would be. I keep it on a tender and it seems strong, but I'm going out to Big Bend next week. If it is a conventional one I guess I need to pull the tupperware frown.gif and check the fluid level/connections.

TIA!

Mark

Hi everyone,

I've got a BMW battery that the PO put in my bike March 05. I can't see all of the part number on it but it does have a mark in the top corner for max/min as if it were a traditional battery. But I could have sworn Jim said it was a gel or agm battery. Can anyone confirm what this battery of that vintage would be. I keep it on a tender and it seems strong, but I'm going out to Big Bend next week. If it is a conventional one I guess I need to pull the tupperware frown.gif and check the fluid level/connections.

TIA!

Mark

Mark, a quick look to see if your battery has a vent hose coming from it,, or a nipple on the R/H side that a vent hose could attach to.. If it has a vent hose or vent nipple it is a conventional battery.. Gel & AGM batteries don’t use a vent hose..

Twisty

Archived