IGNORED

Have any RT loyalists bought a Kawi Concours 14?

kinchy

I did go an sit on one. The ergonomics seemed pretty good. I'd want barbacks and a higher windscreen for comfort but could live with it stock. Also not as easy to get on centerstand (didn't know where to grab it). Asked about engine heat, they showed me the deflectors; I'd rather see heat shielding.

For the price,the engine, and the warrenty I'd put it on my short list. I could afford the $14k for the bike but the divorce would be out of my reach.

I could afford the $14k for the bike but the divorce would be out of my reach.
Wow, SWMBO really likes BMWs eh?

No, but the BMW is an accomplished fact if not an accepted one. She's come around to my have a motorcycle to the extent that I'm allowed a blanket to use while I sleep in the basement. I hope to be upstairs again by next year.

I'm not allowed to tell people that I'm hen-pecked.

Dear Henpecked, My sypathys with you...NOT lmao.gif

Ya gotta marry right. Wife told me to buy at least 3 of my bikes. How do you argue with that?

Some folks gained more at the prenuptual counciling than others. Compatibility, it's all about compatibility. Some one once said, "Don't argue, dicker!" dopeslap.gif

Took a demo on a new Concours in Phoenix last weekend. Very, very nice bike. However, did not have cruise control and the wind protection was not near what my RT is. Now having said that, you could take the difference in price between the RT and the Concours and put cruise control on it and I'm sure a larger windscreen could be found in the after market. Not much not to like about the Concours. I did note that it took considerable pressure on the bars to maintain a turn; the bike likes to stand-up. However, I have read that if the suspension is set up properly, that problem goes away. I guess you pays your money and takes your chances... smile.gif

I don't think they know, Whip. You have to experience it for yourself. Speaking of which, my bike is still not fixed. I have a brand new clutch and transmission and is still squeals when I let out the clutch in first gear. I call her "Little Piggy"

Cheers! wave.gif

Not to hijack but if you are looking at the Kawi I would look hard at the Yami FJR

FJR looks and tests great from reports, but I woudn't even consider it because no way would I buy any bike that dealers won't let me test ride! dopeslap.gif

Isn't an RT loyalist who buys a Kwaka somewhat of an oxymoron lmao.gif

Loyalist? How dare you call us loyalist? The nerve of some people!!

Now where did I leave my glass of Koolaid?

I have sat upon one at a local dealer in SC.

It looks great; it feels great; it would look great in my garage. If it didn't have the highzoot security system I would be selling a few bikes right now.

Isn't an RT loyalist who buys a Kwaka somewhat of an oxymoron lmao.gif

Not really......it's an RT loyalist that just had another FD failure.

And this one will have plenty of problems also.

Waiting till next year and then I will tell you all about it. I never buy a first year model of anything...let someone else be the tester...

Heated grip are less than $100 to add to any bike. I agree it was strange they decided to drop them as an option at the last minute (apparently) but it is hardly a deal breaker...

Waiting till next year and then I will tell you all about it. I never buy a first year model of anything...let someone else be the tester...

I wish someone had given me this advice before I got married! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Would enjoy reading any feedback on this new scooter. Seems like lots of motorcycle for $13,000 even if they forgot the heated grips..

Wayne, I have been trying to get a ride on one since September.. Not all dealers in my area have them in yet & the few that do only have one so won’t allow a test ride as they then can’t sell it as new..

The bike sits well,, not sure I like the long reach for the info computer controls & sure don’t like the low windshield.. It would also be nice if they came in different colors as I’m not too fond of their current color combination..

Sounds like a bike I could own in the future if they ever get enough in for me to test ride one..

I’m just guessing here but more hoping that they will offer a few color choices & the option of dropping that strange security system in favor of a standard key system.. It already has a sort of key to remove..

Twisty

I took a test ride and really liked the bike. As others have noted, it would take a little $$$ in the aftermarket to really make it right for me (windscreen, barbacks, cruise control, heated grips), but I found it to be a lot of fun and it would be on my short list if I was really looking to replace my bike.

Ya gotta marry right. Wife told me to buy at least 3 of my bikes. How do you argue with that?

Some folks gained more at the prenuptual counciling than others. Compatibility, it's all about compatibility. Some one once said, "Don't argue, dicker!" dopeslap.gif

Since my wife won't let me have more bikes than wives, I guess I just don't know how to dicker. blush.gif

Since my wife won't let me have more bikes than wives, I guess I just don't know how to dicker. blush.gif

Must not highlight any particular word.

Must not highlight any particular ...... dopeslap.gif

Sorry, no offfense intended, but lurker.gif

Not to hijack but if you are looking at the Kawi I would look hard at the Yami FJR

FJR looks and tests great from reports, but I woudn't even consider it because no way would I buy any bike that dealers won't let me test ride! dopeslap.gif

You'll never know what your missin until one of your friends tells ya all about it.

For the record, I had to buy my RT and my GSA without being allowed to test ride em, I got to ride a couple FJRs.

Whip

Hmmm....With apologies to Letterman....

Top ten reasons for being henpecked.....

10. I guess I just don't know how to dicker. blush.gif

9. I guess I just don't know how to dicker. blush.gif

8. I guess I just don't know how to dicker. blush.gif

etc. etc..

2. I guess I just don't know how to dicker. blush.gif

Who's Dr Ruth??????

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

A friend, who was a long time BMW fanatic bought a Honda ST 1300. Nice bike. However, I've asked him several times how he likes it. Love it, blah, blah, etc. but I can't help but think when he comes to the end of his list that there's a blank spot there. Almost as if a piece is missing. That he's left out in the cold, if you will.

I to experienced the same thing when I got back on the road and purchased a V Strom. Nice bike, blah, blah,etc.. Still I felt displaced, in the wilderness, not quite with it. Not that there's anything wrong with it but it's just not a BMW.

I happened on my RT, the price was right, everything fell in place. I sold the V Strom purchased Nubb and the space was filled and I couldn't be better off. The paint is always brighter in the other fella's dealership. grin.gif

You'll never know what your missin until one of your friends tells ya all about it.

Then I'll be blissfully ignorant about the FJR and very happy with my RT. I would never do business with the 2 local Yam dealers who have refused me an FJR test ride regardless of my riding experience or financial credentials. I don't know if they're too cheap to carry insurance, or whatever stupid reason rules their test ride policy. Even if I'd ridden a buddy's FJR and was impressed enough to buy a new one, Yam has lost my business, just as any BMW dealer who would refuse me a test ride would also lose my business. But that's just me.

Unfortunately that seems to be the way of the Japanese bike dealerships. At the time I was looking for my RT I could only demo a USED ST - but ONLY if I wrote up a contract. There were no new FJR's in dealerships (new Yamaha sales program??? dopeslap.gif ) so sitting on one wasn't an option. No doubt about it, the new Connie is an excellent bike but in the end it really comes down to whether or not it's what you're looking for.

I must see things differently. It looks like a cobby, cheap, mass produced knock-off. I really wonder what will be left of it in 10 years or 50,000 miles. I guess I get the same feeling when I compare a Kaw dirt bike to a KTM.

Kobayashi, is n;t that what is used as a grill. Hot enough for it anyway. I have difficulties pronouncing the name already. Sat on one the ohter day and saw one in the showroom today, not moving out the door by themselves so far. THe brand does not carry the value some people want in their cruising....

Probably an excellent bike for those who like it.

h

Archived