IGNORED

Brighter tail light bulbs?

waylap

Is there a manufacterer that makes a replacement 3057 or 3157 tail/brake light bulb that is brighter or more wattage than the standard 28w/7w configuration? I've seen led styles claiming to be brighter but I beg to differ ( other than the BRAKE led on my RT that flashes). I'm wanting to replace two of the brake lights in my Dodge charger with brighter attention getting light bulbs that still fit the standard socket and mounting holes in the tailight assembly. I tried PIAA replacements but with the same watts and there's no difference.

I use a 55w halogen bulb as a brake light. Bought it at the local auto parts store. It's meant to be used for backup lights (the company that makes the bulb also make a backup beeper). They make 1156 and 3156 versions and the cost was about $10 or $20. Really bright and so far (couple years) no problem with the higher wattage/heat.

Steve

Edit - Corrected light bulb information, the bulb I use is single filament (1156-3156 type). Left the post as this info may be of use to others.

Is there a manufacterer that makes a replacement 3057 or 3157 tail/brake light bulb that is brighter or more wattage than the standard 28w/7w configuration?
Here is a source (I cannot comment on the quality; I haven't tried them): 50W Halogen 1156

I would consider this VERY carefully before using one as a tail light,i believe the heat generated would melt the surround of the tail light dopeslap.gif.Using it as a brake light might be ok as long as you don`t sit at signals with the brakes on blush.gif

Archived