IGNORED

mixing oil

taters

i have an 1150rt. i just had the oil changed.i always use synthetic oil. this time i forgot to tell them to use synthetic. they put in regular oil. now i have a quart of synthetic oil on hand. if i need to add oil before my next oil change can i add the synthetic to the regular oil?thanks taters

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Yes. The more technically inclines should chime in, but it won't affect your engine negatively in the slightest. Better different oil than no oil...

Who knew?

When faced with selecting oil for my last change I saw "Full Synthetic" on the shelf, with the caveat "Not to be mixed with regular oil" on the label, and "Synthetic Blend", with the label "Can be mixed with regular oil". The price difference was about $3 a quart.

Clever marketing or is there something to this?

Who knew?

When faced with selecting oil for my last change I saw "Full Synthetic" on the shelf, with the caveat "Not to be mixed with regular oil" on the label, and "Synthetic Blend", with the label "Can be mixed with regular oil". The price difference was about $3 a quart.

If you mix regular oil with synthetic oil you dilute the advertised capabilities of the synthetic oil, thus the warning.

Who knew?

It's rubbish. All oils are required to be fully compatible with each other.

I had a friend who was adamant about not mixing oils in his vette, Valvoline only. Of course if I'm in BFE and find myself a quart low "Any oil is better than no oil"

Archived