IGNORED

Your Longest Stretch In The Saddle

onmyrt

Don't know/remember the mileage, but it was started in Colorado Springs and stopped in Chula Vista. Stock seat and no problems, (until the Coyotes came after me on the 8 outta Yuma and stayed with me 'til Octillo.) dopeslap.gif It was a hard wind and tumbleweeds.

Never do that alone or tired!! lmao.gif

Dewayne Harkov

I participated in the Ironbutt sponsored "Mass Gold" out of Gerlach, Nv where we set a group record at the time of 1609 miles in less than 24 hours, the 50CC / BBG from Jacksonville to San Diego in 41 hours and Jamie was the end witness, Thanks again!, and numerous Saddlesores and BBG's. I now have an aux fuel setup on my bike. I HATE to stop for gas! thumbsup.gif

Yesterday was my single longest day, 807 miles from Swamp Scooter Rally to home in Central Florida, R1150RS, I didn't plan on doing it but got so close it made no sense to stop for the night. First time I broke the 800 mile mark.

I did 700+ day back in 1983 when I was 16 on my '74 Honda CB450, making my first long distance bike run, Fla-Ohio trip, that didn't seem as hard, even in 55 mph America at that time, but then again I was 16 and it was pure adrenalin, I couldn't do it again today on that bike under those conditions in June heat, no way.

Rocket_Cowboy
I now have an aux fuel setup on my bike. I HATE to stop for gas! thumbsup.gif

What did you use for an aux fuel tank setup? I just got my BLM tank rigged up. I'm hoping to put in a test run this weekend, so that I'm ready (and know what to expect) before my ride out to California after Thanksgiving.

With 11.2 gallons of fuel on the R12RT, it should be a long time between stops. That Russell seat will get a thorough test on the way home. smile.gif

I now have an aux fuel setup on my bike. I HATE to stop for gas! thumbsup.gif

What did you use for an aux fuel tank setup? I just got my BLM tank rigged up. I'm hoping to put in a test run this weekend, so that I'm ready (and know what to expect) before my ride out to California after Thanksgiving.

With 11.2 gallons of fuel on the R12RT, it should be a long time between stops. That Russell seat will get a thorough test on the way home. smile.gif

You going for weenies?

1260 miles in 19 hours. Cut Bank, MT to Omaha, NE in July 2004. Other than the heat, the first 1K wasn't too bad. I felt good and decided I could make it the rest of the way home. That last 200 was tough!

Archived