IGNORED

Zumo-Autocom question

Crazy_Canuck

I just purchased a Zumo 550 and I am not sure how to connect my autocom to it so I can use my bluetooth cell phone. The zumo mount has a mic and seperate audio plug?

Please help!!

Rob

I just purchased a Zumo 550 and I am not sure how to connect my autocom to it so I can use my bluetooth cell phone. The zumo mount has a mic and seperate audio plug?

Please help!!

Rob, there are two ways. The first way is to hardwire the complete Zumo/phone function into the Autocom using cable #1299 (assuming you have an Active Rider or Pro AVi). If you have a Pro-7, then you'll need cable #1300. You then Blutooth from your phone to the Zumo only.

The second way is to hardwire only the voice/music portion of your Zumo to the Autocom, using cable #1314 from the phone's audio output port to the Autocom's Aux Port #2. Then for the phone, purchase the Autocom Bluetooth Receiver (#1276) and put it in Aux #1 and tap the power wire into the Autocom's positive power wire. The 1276 will ground through Aux#1. You can use one channel of the Blutooth to connect from the phone to the Zumo, and use the second Bluetooth channel to connect from the Zumo to the Autocom Bluetooth Receiver.

The second way is more expensive, while the first way involves a two-into-one cable which adds to the visible wiring clutter. Your choice.

I don't want to hijack the thread but my question/problem may shed some light on this issue. I have a Zumo 550, Motorola phone, and an Active plus Autocom. I have used the 1276 Bluetooth adapter with no luck at all. It seems to interfere with the normal bluetooth interface with the Zumo and I can't hear anyone on the phone nor can they hear me. As an aside, the Zumo and my phone work perfectly with bluetooth in the car mount. Any help or insight would be appreciated and may be answer our questions. I called Autocom tech support and was underwhelmed to say the least!

Thanks.

I would like to use the 1273 but my Autocom does not have AUX 1 power enabled. I know I can purchase the 1276 but I dont want to have the extra power lead.

My Active-Plus can be enabled via sending it in to Autocom but I was wondering if anyone knew how to do it themselves?

In Autocoms web documentation regarding Zumo connectivity they quote this "You can have the Aux 1 socket power enabled. To do this you must link the power up connection on the circuit board. If you are not confident of doing this yourself, contact your dealer or Autocom directly"

This statement is suggesting that in fact we can do it if you are competent enough.

Any suggestions?

Rocket_Cowboy
My Active-Plus can be enabled via sending it in to Autocom but I was wondering if anyone knew how to do it themselves?

When I talked with Autocom, he talked me through what I needed to do to my Super Pro AVI to enable power on Aux 1. I'm not sure how different the procedure is from the Active-Plus to the Super Pro. It looks very straight forward ... but I'm not good with a solder gun, so I'll probably send it back to Autocom and have them do it for $25.

Still ... everything is already in place on the PCB ... all that needs to be added is a jumper between two open pinholes on the board next to the Aux1 connector.

When I talked with Autocom, he talked me through what I needed to do to my Super Pro AVI to enable power on Aux 1. I'm not sure how different the procedure is from the Active-Plus to the Super Pro. It looks very straight forward ... but I'm not good with a solder gun, so I'll probably send it back to Autocom and have them do it for $25.

Still ... everything is already in place on the PCB ... all that needs to be added is a jumper between two open pinholes on the board next to the Aux1 connector.

Thanks Rocket Cowboy. I called Autocom this morning and that is all you have to do. The contact points are small but I managed just fine. Now I am power enabled!! thumbsup.gif

Archived