IGNORED

An oil change how-to for 1st timers

riding4work

I'm suddenly feeling better about how to change my BMW's oil...

Though I can't complain about how detailed that is.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

There is the #1 best reason not to by a Moto Guzzi. What a PIA, and someone should fire that engineer.

dopeslap.gif

I knew it was like this 30 (or 40?) years ago, I did not expect it to be the same today dopeslap.gif

BMW had things like that, like having to take the exhaust header pipe off to change the oil filter (R100RS). Later they put a dent in the header to get the filter out. Thank Heaven they changed that wink.gif

Wow. I looked through the other Big Daddy tutorials on that site and they are just as good or better. There's the valve adjust and most impressively the engine overhaul. Just love the photos of the kid taking the cylinder and piston off. That was inspired!

There is the #1 best reason not to by a Moto Guzzi. What a PIA, and someone should fire that engineer.

dopeslap.gif

Ditto on that, I was actually considering a Guzzi, not anymore. wave.gif

russell_bynum

dopeslap.gif

Thank goodness BMW doesn't overcomplicate what should be a simple maintenance procedure.

<cough>servobrakebleed<cough>

grin.gif

dopeslap.gif

Ditto on that, I was actually considering a Guzzi, not anymore. wave.gif

You guys aren't serious, are you? Removing the pan added 20-25 minutes to the oil change on my Jackal. I'm not pitching Guzzis but if that's the reason you won't buy one, you might want to reconsider. Think of it as "character". grin.gif Plus, the extra time spent makes the beer taste that much better.

Archived