IGNORED

UnRally '05 TOTW & Location Information ...

Spike

I was up in Charlottesville on business. Did the first miles of the BRP on the way back to Richmond, just a slight detour. The leaves have dropped and the maintenance workers were using tractor mounted leaf blowers to keep the roadway clean. It was enough of a look to REALLY get me interested for my trip to the UN.

• 6 months later...
Steve_Witmer
it's a matter of actual square miles. Many of the eastern states would not even be counties out here. thumbsup.giftongue.gifthumbsup.gif 2 to 2.5 hours. That sounds like a grocery store run! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Virginia may well be one of the longest states to cross on a motorcycle. Chincoteague, VA to the Cumberland Gap is about 610 miles. I think Alaska, Texas and Florida are probably the only states that take more miles to cross the long way.

I think Alaska, Texas and Florida are probably the only states that take more miles to cross the long way.

Not to pick nits, or whatever, but the distance from San Diego (farthest south) to Smith River (between Crescent City and the Oregon border) is ~ 875 miles! blush.gif

The long way, I believe.... cool.gif

You are absolutely right. I forgot to include California.

While we're on the subject...

Laughlin, Nevada to McDermitt, Nevada: 692 miles

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hey! Is that a nit?? grin.gif

Smith River, CA to Wintershaven, CA: 1052 miles

Harbor, OR to Paradise, OR: 703 miles

Alzada, MT to Yaak, MT: 787 miles

Lynn, UT to Aneth, UT: 673 miles

Littlefield, AZ to Douglas, AZ: 612 miles

Moses, NM to Cloverdale, NM: 650 miles

Evanston, WY to Colony, WY: 633 miles

I'm really looking forward to the challenge of covering those kinds of distances in the east. I'm sure I'll need to plan for another 30-60% of time to cover the same amount of distance we can out west. All you easties really should come out west and ride if you haven't yet--it really is a VERY different experience! thumbsup.gif

Death Valley in January, Torrey, in spring and fall, the next UnRally somewhere out in the Rocky Mountains . . . . WooHoo! clap.gif

Looking forward to riding those famous Virginia roads in another five days!! cool.gif

Steve_Witmer

Boy, those states look small next to California. It's hard to believe they are almost as large. Michigan from upper to lower peninsula is a pretty long ride too.

Archived