IGNORED

Tool Kit Ideas - R1200RT

Riobeemer

I went to Sears and picked up a three torx screw drivers for the common stuff and a set of metric allen set. I threw in the normal other stuff, tape, plastic ties, dikes, etc and the last few years as worked well.

I can strip all the plastic off my bike with the above and repair a flat which is about all I need on the road.

My 2 cents

FYI: you might consider updating your profile with a name. smile.gif

Here's my toolkit. I looked at all of the exposed nuts and bolts and built this kit. It fits nicely behind the back seat, below the rear rack. I like being prepared but to be honest I'll probably only use my cell phone and credit card.

r1200rttoolkitbl4.jpg

Torx 10,15,20,25,27,30,40,45,47,50,55,60 (Harbor Freight)

3/8 inch ratchet

3/8 extension

Sockets 14mm,15mm

Wrench 13mm/17mm

Allen wrench 6mm

Zip ties

Leatherman (Pliers, knife, saw, file etc.)

Small tool pouch (fits in rear seat compartment under the rack)

Oil cap tool (Stock)

Screwdriver extender (Stock)

Screwdriver (Stock)

I have lots of tools in the shop but when I work on a bike that I know I am going to be putting miles on ... I try and do all the work with the tool kit on board. If the traveling tool kit doesn't have what I need and I have to go to the rollaway, I go buy another one and add it. That way I know that I can do what is necessary on the road. thumbsup.gif

I have lots of tools in the shop but when I work on a bike that I know I am going to be putting miles on ... I try and do all the work with the tool kit on board. If the traveling tool kit doesn't have what I need and I have to go to the rollaway, I go buy another one and add it. That way I know that I can do what is necessary on the road. thumbsup.gif

ditto that. Nothing worse than getting part way into an easy fix, just to find you need a metric crescent wrench, and all you have is SAE.

Archived