IGNORED

07 RT Side Cases

empeg9000

So how come the RT side cases don't have the little bungy thing for each half of the side case? The side mounted to the bike has one but the down side of the clam shell lets say does not.

Here is a tiny picture of what I am talking about.

BMW_CasesLuggage_SystemCase_E1.JPG

I wish mine had one.

+1. Much more difficult to keep things packed and organized in the RT's cases than it is with my 850.

Anyone have any modifications that you've done to aid in securing things in the new system cases?

Not only lacking a second set of retaining straps, but the bottom of the case isn't flat (notch for exhaust) and tends to try to "discard" whatever contents are inserted.

And the retaining straps that are used attached to very flimsy molded plastic loops on the inside of the bags which easily break off.

I got the impression that while they were larger externally that they were a little smaller internally, or at least it seemed that way. Kind of like a reverse Tardis.

I found that I can fit quite a bit more than in my system cases on my R1150R. The cross section is a little smaller, but they are a lot deeper, expecially the lid and it's easier to compress them closed. The old system cases also had 1 case smaller for the exhaust. I can fit a helmet and a mesh jacket in each case.

I have an 05 RT and had the straps in the system cases, I complained about the cases being loose and they replaced the cases (less lids and locks) under warranty. The securing mechanism in the 05 RT's has been modified in later models. So if you have an 05 with loose cases you might speak to your dealer. I just checked my new cases and there is no attaching points for the straps (I removed them from my old cases because I have inner bags).

thumbsup.gif

So how come the RT side cases don't have the little bungy thing for each half of the side case? The side mounted to the bike has one but the down side of the clam shell lets say does not.

Here is a tiny picture of what I am talking about.

BMW_CasesLuggage_SystemCase_E1.JPG

A marketing scheme to sell side case liners? confused.gif

Archived