IGNORED

It's Official: UnRally VII - July 8-11, 2008 - JOHN DAY, OREGON

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Any accomodations left there?

Share a room. (im not an axe murderer)

Yeah, but do you snore? grin.gif

There should be plenty of motel rooms left, just follow directions at the beginning of the thread. See you in July! thumbsup.gif

I'm in, maybe... If I have enough vacation time saved by then. With all the health problems I've had this year I have used up all of my time off.

Also, I was wondering why Tuesday to Friday? Thursday to Sunday would have been better. And... Will we be able to camp at the Fairgrounds on Friday the 11th? Don't be too hard on me if both of these questions have been answered already. lurker.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I'm in, maybe... If I have enough vacation time saved by then. With all the health problems I've had this year I have used up all of my time off.

Also, I was wondering why Tuesday to Friday? Thursday to Sunday would have been better. And... Will we be able to camp at the Fairgrounds on Friday the 11th? Don't be too hard on me if both of these questions have been answered already. lurker.gif

Hopefully you can make it. The Un has always been on the weekdays, so that the usual weekenders of campers and the recreational RV traffic and other folks are NOT sharing the roads with us. Yes you can camp on Friday. Any more questions? Keep them coming! thumbsup.gif

clap.gif I little tweaking a little schedule moving......... and I am in. Got reservation at Best Western. Not much of a camper, but the ride looks great. Headed out from Phoenix on quick ride to site, up past Grand Canyon, Salt Lake City and into ID then OR. Afterwards I will be taking lazy way back through west coast. May go to BC and work my way back down. Will probably drop bike off at a relatives in Santa Barbara, CA and fly back to PHX from there. I then have excuse to go over to CA in summers high heat to ride bike around coast. Then bring back in September after Laguna Seca.

This will work out great for my summer.

thumbsup.gif

Hey, Phil, I hope to see you at the July UN 7. If you fly, have you checked rentals in the Portland area? I remember a small Southern OR town a few years back that rented an FJR--your kind of ride--so maybe Stumptown might have something similar.

Hey Phil, grow some legs and then get my 1150 GS running so you can use it grin.gif

I guess it's time to clean out the 5th wheel, or build a new trailer dopeslap.gif (it hasn't moved since Jamie and Leslie last saw it in 2004. I didn't want to disturb the spider webs wink.gif )

Doc mentioned to me maybe having a gathering out on some land I have along the Imnaha river (one canyon due west of the Hell's Canyon Dam). I cleared it a few years ago, but haven't been able to get back there since. I don't want to get hopes up, but I would love to have a BBQ, sweat hut, and river plunge. I own to the middle of the wild and scenic river, and it was the spiritual valley of the Nez Perce. (Doc can be our Unshamin) It is north of the fish hatchery, and is also the first property north of the Pallette Ranch (google Eugene Pallette). I think its about 16 miles north of the Hells Canyon overlook, on 49, then turning on the Upper Imnaha Rd., about 6 miles of gravel to Mustang Way.

There are bears, cougars, salmon swimming by, eagles overhead, and I just read online http://www.wallowacountychieftain.info/m...onID=14&S=1 that my closest neighbor (1 mile away), just saw a black wolf.

So I hope to get my act together months prior and make the spot bike® friendly.

Well it looks as if it might be a real UN Rally what with folks coming from the US, the UK, Canada and now Oz………

Yep the family is heading over there on the 21st June. We’ll lob in LA for a week and do the Disneyland thing (Just for the little ‘un, you understand?) and the Universal Studios and MGM thing (for the SO) then hire a cage and head over to Vegas for a gekko. We then plan to take a leisurely drive north and end up in John Day to say geday in person to all and sundry. Unfortunately we have to depart LA on the 11th to get back home to work on the 14th.

That’s roughly it. Any and all suggestions as to what to see and where to go on the trip up would be appreciated. PM or email is fine.

Cheers,

Well it looks as if it might be a real UN Rally what with folks coming from the US, the UK, Canada and now Oz………

Mark, it will be great to have you in John Day, even if it's not on two wheels.

• 3 weeks later...

I just made my reservations for camping at the fairgrounds. As of today, there is only one other camper. Come on folks, are you going to let me and one other camper have the entire fairgrounds to ourselves? tongue.gif

So, just who is planning to camp at the UN? Step up and be counted! thumbsup.gif

"Jack" did somebody say "Jack"?

Yes! "Jack" will be there. BUT, Sue & I will not be camping, as we will be cellebrating our 30th anniversary on the 11th, clap.gif I will be treating her to a room. wink.gif But since the room will be walking distance from the park, we will be spending plenty of time at the camp grounds with our friends and "Jack" After all, what's a party without him?

Well this last month has been a bummer for me as my employer was going to the islands 4th thru the 14 in July which left me out of the mix...

Turns out his lovely daughter is coming here instead for a refresher course., so his family will be going in August clap.gif

So, Im back on track to join ya all in John Day

I'm excited again, even though my RT is in hospital getting a new driveshaft fitted

<snip> So, Im back on track to join ya all in John Day

I'm excited again, even though my RT is in hospital getting a new driveshaft fitted

The RT will be mended by then and I'm sure you will have wrung out a few good rides by departure time as well. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Crazy_Canuck

I am planning a 3 week 6000 mile trip this summer and I will be headed back down through Oregon around the time of the UnRally...maybe I can swing by?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I am planning a 3 week 6000 mile trip this summer and I will be headed back down through Oregon around the time of the UnRally...maybe I can swing by?
Ummm, yeah sure, OF COURSE! smile.gif
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm registered. Duke55 (Dave) and I will be riding up from Santa Cruz, CA starting on Saturday. We plan on wondering around for 3 days before arriving. Probably along the coast.

Steve,

My UN plans are unraveling. :( I must work on 8 and 9. I *hope* for an early [exit 3:30 pm] on the 10th and then jet over from Bend to stay 10th and 11th--maybe 12th.

I assume there is no half-price registration, so I'll share a campsite with friends/family at Clyde Holliday State Park about 5 miles out of town. That's the plan for now

Hope to see a few folks I've met before, as well as meet new ones.

Sorry it took me so long to get registered!

Shirt design is in the works...

Lori & Tony will see y'all there!

I just registered, it's so close I can't miss it...

Probably will leave Santa Rosa on Saturday and either wind up slowly or go hiking in lassen for a day on the way up.

Not sure if I will follow up this year's UN with a 3 week cross country trip, but it'll still be awesome!

Paul Mihalka

I was IN since October, but now I'm IN officially! My head is already on the road. My maps are all over with yellow highlights. I don't need a GPS, I'm the old fart. I'll leave early, 6/28, and do some touring before I get to John Day.

Is it to late to try and attend the un rally?
Hell No,Get it done,I need to meet some new people that have not heard my jokes,,, :thumbsup:
Is it to late to try and attend the un rally?
Hell No,Get it done,I need to meet some new people that have not heard my jokes,,, :thumbsup:

Great, I'm working on it. Is there a schedule on one of the long strings. I'm going to camp at the fairgrounds I think. I used to do 850 miles in a day (distance from home), wonder if I still can :=)

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Hi Greg,

There is never a "too late" regarding the Un. You can even show up at the gate and still participate (you might just get your tee-shirt afterwards). Follow these links for the schedule and the registration page. Although the advance registration closes in late June, you can still come. Our headquarters will be the Fairgrounds. If you follow this link you'll see this info about camping along with a list of other good references:

Headquarters

Grant County Fairgrounds

411 NW Bridge St.

Phone: 541-575-1900

Amenities: UnRally Headquarters, showers, picnic tables, WiFi, eating pavilion

Prices: $5 per tent, extra $5 for electricity. Yes they can park RVs. No, I don’t know exactly how much…

If you have any other questions please post them here or send me a PM.

Thanks!

Thanks, that looks like what I needed. I dug out all my camping gear today and everything looks usable after sitting a few years. It has been a couple of years since I've been with the good folks at BMEST, not sure what to call it, still BMWRT to me I guess!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived