IGNORED

It's Official: UnRally VII - July 8-11, 2008 - JOHN DAY, OREGON

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Come one; come all to the 2008 John Day UnRally July 8-11, 2008 (Overview Map). The headquarters will be at the Grant County Fairgrounds which is also the location of the catered meals. Click on this map linky to view the fairgrounds in relation to the hotels and restaurants.

It’s closer than you think!

Vancouver BC------------528

San Francisco-----------621

Las Vegas---------------810

San Diego---------------969

Denver------------------1017

Kansas City-------------1550

Minneapolis-------------1700

Chicago-----------------1881

Dallas------------------1886

San Antonio-------------1960

Nashville---------------2107

Columbus----------------2194

NYC---------------------2654

Miami-------------------3018

Bangor, ME--------------3077

Deadhorse, AK-----------3162 grin.gif

Cartwright, NL----------4440 lmao.gif

painted_hills2.jpg

The hotel/camping prices listed are discounted for us. To get the prices, call the numbers listed and say that you are with the BMW UnRally. Be sure to specify the dates that you want – the BMW club of Oregon holds a rally there too, the Chief Joseph rally in mid-June.

The fairgrounds don’t take credit cards at this time; you’ll have to mail them a check. Still, the fairgrounds hold hundreds of tents for the other rally, so we’ll have plenty of space.

Headquarters

Grant County Fairgrounds

411 NW Bridge St.

Phone: 541-575-1900

Amenities: UnRally Headquarters, showers, picnic tables, WiFi, eating pavilion

Prices: $5 per tent, extra $5 for electricity. Yes they can park RVs. No, I don’t know exactly how much…

Americas Best Value Inn – 40 Rooms

390 West Main Street

Phone: 541-575-1462

website

Prices (including tax): $65.40 - $76.30

Best Western – 39 Rooms

315 W. Main Street

Phone: 541-575-1700

website

Prices (including tax): $77.38 - $110.08

Budget 8 Motel – 14 Rooms

711 W. Main Street

Phone: 541-575-2155

Amenities: Microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot.

Prices (including tax): $49.05 - $76.30

Dreamers Lodge Motel – 25 Rooms

144 N. Canyon Road

Phone: 541-575-0526

website

Prices (including tax): $59.94 - $71.94

Little Pine Inn – 13 Rooms

250 E Main Street

Phone: 541-575-2100

website

Prices (including tax): $49.05 - $65.40

209628917-L.jpg

The paved roads are fantastic! The unpaved roads are fantastic!! I’m sure I’ll find some knobbies-only roads that will be equally fantastic!!!

Your entry fee will be precisely determined over the next few months but will not exceed $50. This fee will cover the fun stuff: tee shirts, stickers, a dinner, a breakfast and a small amount for postage, photocopies and other administrative things. Your dedicated UnCommittee is made up from fun-loving, certifiable, unpaid volunteers! wink.gif All lodging and most meal costs are up to you.

We will be setting up a website and will need all of you to register and prepay so the tee-shirts can be ordered and we can get a good head count for meals.

Who wants to come and play in John Day, Oregon?

IN for me! thumbsup.gif

Scout 6 and 7 are in!..Let's see, start there, roll around for a while and end up at the National...roll over to the Top of the Rockies. Should be fun!

IN! Room booked at the America's Best Value Inn where all of the best people will be staying. We'll be having a "slow race" in the parking lot, followed by a Tech Daze to replace a dozen clutches. Should be a hoot!

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Sadly, I won't know whether I can go until a couple of weeks ahead of time.
That's okay...let us know when you know. smile.gif

reservation made.

Current plans are

Ryan gets released on July 3, My sister lives in Fresno.

Cathy Leaves Atlanta on June 28, and drives to CA, with bikes on Trailer, picks Ryan up on July 3 drives up to Fresno

I fly into Fresno on July 3 and we spend 4th of july with my sister.

Saturday July 5 & 6 we drive up to John Day, Oregon.

Spend July 7 - 10 attending rally. Friday morning we head out to Yellowstone National Park, then over to Mt. Rushmore

Spend a few days riding the area, and attend National Rally on Thurs & Fri. 7/10 & 7/11

Sat July 12 head home to Atlanta. Approximate mileage 6,100 miles (Cathy drives the first 2,400 alone)

Sounds like a plan, and a heck of a coming home trip for Ryan. Can not wait

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Maybe. That's the best I can do...

In order of imposed importance:

1. Promotional exams

2. Spain (including mandated comment: with my lovely, most wonderful, best person in the world (and half drunk) looking over my shoulder wife) wink.gif

3. Un.

IN (@ the Best Western).

arr. 7/7 dep. 7/12.

Great location!

Note:

My home will be available as a waypoint for any who so desire to make a 500 mile ride to John Day on 7/7/8.

Well, by Mapquest from home to John Day it is 2.551 miles. I'll see how many I can get out of it, mostly on my way back. If my plans work out, I'll have almost two weeks from the UN to home. I want to see the Northwest! grin.gif

Lone_RT_rider

It’s closer than you think!

Vancouver BC------------528

San Francisco-----------621

Las Vegas---------------810

San Diego---------------969

Denver------------------1017

Kansas City-------------1550

Minneapolis-------------1700

Chicago-----------------1881

Dallas------------------1886

San Antonio-------------1960

Nashville---------------2107

Columbus----------------2194

NYC---------------------2654

Miami-------------------3018

Bangor, ME--------------3077

Deadhorse, AK-----------3162 grin.gif

Cartwright, NL----------4440 lmao.gif

Greer, SC--------------2490

Vacation days to get there? 6..... OUT!

After giving this some careful thought , and taking into account that it will be my wedding anniversary on the 11th July. I'm afraid that some priorities have to take precedent.

In grin.gif

Steve

I am soooo in!

2555 miles from home, but I think I found a short cut via the redwoods that will be only 3500 miles!! Not for nothing that my family calls me the Master Navigator thumbsup.gif

After giving this some careful thought , and taking into account that it will be my wedding anniversary on the 11th July. I'm afraid that some priorities have to take precedent.

In grin.gif

Steve

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Just reserved at the Little Pine Inn. I'm the first one there for the UN. Sounds like very nice people. They are packed for June for the Chief Joseph BMW rally.

I will duck & cover after putting this out there. The East Coast people with time restrictions can have their bike shipped to Denver, saving about three days of slab riding.

Just a thought.

Pat

I will duck & cover after putting this out there. The East Coast people with time restrictions can have their bike shipped to Denver, saving about three days of slab riding.

Just a thought.

Pat

Given a longish Italian Holiday next Sept, if I were to go to the UN I'd have to do something like this to have enough days off left! But honestly, prospects for me attending my 2nd UN are looking bleak. frown.gif

Just a thought.

Pat

I'm already contemplating doing that. My brother is only a couple hundred miles away in his RV, he can pick up and prep my bike when it arrives! thumbsup.gif

Just a thought.

Pat

I'm already contemplating doing that. My brother is only a couple hundred miles away in his RV, he can pick up and prep my bike when it arrives! thumbsup.gif

Have 'em sent out here and I'll help coordinate the pick up of them!!!!!!! Lodging at Casa Challinor, of course!! wave.gif

for those that are handy do it yourself, consider Forward air. If you have your own crate and delivery (to a Forward Air terminal) cost is about 385.00. I shipped two bikes back and forth to San Diego. Jamie picked up the first bike, and my Uncle the second. Both bikes arrived in great shape, and if you crate your own bike and can drop it off, and pick it up at the terminal cost and delivery time is great. 3 days from Atlanta, to San Diego.

Most BMW shops, if you call them in advance will let you have one of the OEM crates. Just re-use an OEM crate and it works great. BMW of Atlanta has given me two crates, and it works perfect. Just call your local shop, ask when they will be getting their next delivery in, go and see how they are shipped (suprisingly simple) and take some pictures. then grab a crate and duplicate the look, and forward air will think you are OEM. My last bike I dropped off, the dispatcher asked what company I was with, and complimented me on the condition of the crate thumbsup.gif

Forward Air has terminals at most all the major airports, and I assume Salt Lake City would probably be the best location. I know Airtran flies to Salt lake city around 275.00 round trip. I am sure Delta and many other airlines go there.

AdventurePoser

IN! For the first Unrally scheduled AFTER school is out for the summer. I love you.... tongue.giftongue.gif

Room for two at America's Best Value for July 8, 9, 10

Cheers,

Steve

IN! For the first Unrally scheduled AFTER school is out for the summer. I love you.... tongue.giftongue.gif

Room for two at America's Best Value for July 8, 9, 10

Cheers,

Steve

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifwave.gif

Just a thought.

Pat

Anyone that wants to ship their bike to the left coast, I have a large shop to store them in. Only 875 miles of great riding up the east side of the Sierras, from my place to UN-HQ.

ok what do I win? lurker.gifgrin.gif

------------------------------

Re: A little location morsel to chew on... [Re: JustJean]

#939242 - 12/10/07 07:46 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it Canyon City?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or maybe John Day?

--------------------

n & g

oh almost forgot..IN +2!! Always wanted to go to the Chief Joseph rally but this is better. Thanks for putting this all together.

n

Dang! The Hell's Canyon Motorcycle Rally in Baker City, Oregon is the 13th through the 16th of June and this is a great time in the same kind of country. Only one long trip for me each year now that I live in N.C..

Bruce

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Headquarters

Grant County Fairgrounds

411 NW Bridge St.

Phone: 541-575-1900

Amenities: UnRally Headquarters, showers, picnic tables, WiFi, eating pavilion

Prices: $5 per tent, extra $5 for electricity. Yes they can park RVs. No, I don’t know exactly how much…

Yeah, but now I know that RVs only cost $16 per night. Heck of a deal... thumbsup.gif

What the hey! First post. First Rally First BMW. I'm IN!

Why do I feel like I just took a long walk on a short pier? eek.gifeek.gif

Archived