IGNORED

Talk about protective gear !!!!

WURTY

OMG she even has her own rear view mirror! Back seat driver to the ultimate degree.

Pretty sweet leg snapping cage for the rider right there.

OMG she even has her own rear view mirror! Back seat driver to the ultimate degree.

Pretty sweet leg snapping cage for the rider right there.

I'm speechless.

Bet he wishes she was too. grin.gif

I guess it's safer for the pax, in general, and the pilot if he 'lays it down', but in an impact, he is going to be ejected in any case.

They photoshopped the background out of the photo. It may just be the effect of that being done that gives it a "false" look, but the cage looks like it might be photoshopped on as well.

I'm not buying it. This has got to be a joke. I can't imagaine anyone that actually rides a motorcycle that would even dream up such a contraption. Why even bother riding. Might as well get a roof and some windshield wipers. Where are the training wheels?? tongue.gif

I find all these responses amusing. Here on the ATGATT forum we always wear proper protective gear (and like to castigate those who don't), but when some protective equipment is perceived as passing some mysterious line then it somehow becomes absurdly excessive? That device would not be my cup of tea but it it floats someone's boat then it's their own business.

And I don't understand why so many of us wear those bulky, uncomfortable armored jackets and pants... I mean, why even bother to ride a motorcycle?

Yes, everyone ... play nice. Tony_K ... did you hear me? I said play nice. Matt, don't you go voicing you opinion either. And Wurty, if it's the first time I've told you, it's the last! I'm sick and tired of your instigating this kind of rudeness, making fun of people! How would you feel if people made fun of you!

Come on, Seth, people are just having fun with this. Lighten up! It was posted for fun, it was probably built as a joke, or perhaps it was simply an amazingly ill-thought out experiment in motorcycle passenger safety. But one thing I'll admit if it is an experiment: if it fails, should they survive, they will just know what not to do next time. To learn what a thing is not is still knowledge. One thing we all seem to agree on is it ain't purty!

But all in all, I gotsta agree with Tony_K on both counts. 1) He's going to snap his leg is a slow speed incident, and that right soon, and 2) he must have have also constructed a full length rider backbrace because I'm thinking he doesn't have a spine! lmao.gif

Come on, Seth, people are just having fun with this.
OK, OK. I didn't mean that to be as harsh as it sounded, in fact no doubt there's a picture of some guy in a hi-viz Aerostitch getting lampooned on some Harley site right now. Just can't help but get a kick out of it all.. grin.gif
... in fact no doubt there's a picture of some guy in a hi-viz Aerostitch getting lampooned on some Harley site right now. grin.gif
As they should be! We're all too danged funny with all our motorcycle idiosyncrasies. lmao.gif

On the way to fall Torrey we passed a girl on a Harley at state line CA/ NV that had full size training wheels on her bike. Same size as the rear tire. Seemed to articulate also.

It was AWESOME!

Screw it! I'm going out side right now and start hacking on the RT and turn it into a 1100 Odyssey !

Remember this?....

Honda-Odyssey-FL350-4.JPG

That's the beauty of a Harley rider, they can't safety ride and they come up with the dumbest reasons why not to buy a Harley........how much does she weigh??? the roll bar stupid not the passenger!!! Plus I don't think that it would fit on a Beemer would it?? lmao.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif

I'd have to ride that with a reflective visor in the down position ALL THE TIME. I'd be too embarassed someone might recognise me.

She might survive the accident in her cage and 4 (maybe 5) point harness... but he's lowered his chances for sure.

russell_bynum

how much does she weigh??? the roll bar stupid not the passenger!!!

63lbs, according to the website.

It ain't my cup of tea, but whatever floats your boat.

Lone_RT_rider
... in fact no doubt there's a picture of some guy in a hi-viz Aerostitch getting lampooned on some Harley site right now. grin.gif
As they should be! We're all too danged funny with all our motorcycle idiosyncrasies. lmao.gif

Hey now! I resemble that remark! grin.giflmao.gif

153645919-L.jpg

Shawn

153645919-L.jpg

Shawn

Nice picture Shawn. I don't know how many times I've been passed that spot, but I have to stop every time to admire the view. BTW, did you guys call each other to coordinate your outfits? grin.gif

Lone_RT_rider
BTW, did you guys call each other to coordinate your outfits? grin.gif

Not really.... But Mitch can almost be blamed for my choice of Hi-viz yellow. We were standing in the smallish store at Aerostich in Duluth, MN while I was getting sized. I was almost dead-set on getting the dark grey color when Mitch pipes up "What about Sun and thermal issues"......CRAP! Tapping into logic like that...jeeeeeeeeese. With that in mind I got the Hi-viz. And yes, he already had the Yellow Phoenix at the time. crazy.gif

Shawn

Archived