IGNORED

1150rt market

aal3

I've had my 2004 1150 rt for sale for over a couple of months now, on consignment at a local shop, apparently without much interest. It's perfect and with low miles (about 17,000)and a power commander. They've got some other rt's that have been there even longer. I thought these were pretty popular bikes. Maybe the 1200rt's are just what people want now. I think the market is slow for most bikes, but, any thoughts on the current 1100 / 1150 rt market?

With BMWs you often have to cast a much wider net than a local dealer to find a buyer. Use the MOA ON and the IBMWR Marketplace for openers. MOA may also have an online outlet.

You might also want to try Craig's list or Cycle Trader, BMWs are a specialty bike so you have to find the right buyer, also spring is the best time to sell a bike. lurker.gif

With BMWs you often have to cast a much wider net than a local dealer to find a buyer. Use the MOA ON and the IBMWR Marketplace for openers. MOA may also have an online outlet.

+1.

I live in deep south Texas and traveled to the Phoenix area to purchase my RT, about 1200 miles one way. I searched from Florida to Arizona and as far north as Minnesota.

I used Craigs, Trader-online, IBMWR Marketplace, Mark's Motos, as well as this site.

I think the time of year does have some impact on sales. I sold my LT a couple of years ago in the fall and it was slow going. Took more than a month. Had an 1100RT that I put up for sale last spring and it was gone in a week. Both were local sales. I handled the sale of the LT (craigslist) while the RT was moved by a dealership.

Ron

Well down here in Taz, they are as rare as rockin' horse shite.

I rang every dealer here and finally tracked one down that was a 3 hr drive away. Needless to say, 1 x 3 hr one way drive to check it out and a another 3 hr drive to pick it up. Total of 12hrs driving for me and 6 hrs for the wife to get the bike i wanted. 18hrs total combined on the road for the best branded bike in the world. My next stop was to go interstate as other have done.

I suppose what i am trying to say is that those who want a 1150RT, will sooner or later search it out and hunt it down like i did.

Good luck with the selling

Steve

have had my 03RT for sale since the spring, have had calls, have had some come look, have had some test ride, have some offers, I still have it.

Im certinly not going to give it away.

mines been on cycle trader.

Good luck.

Try e-bay. You get a huge number of people from around the country and Canada looking at your bike. I just sold a Honda 919 on e-bay that was previously going no where on craigs.

I suppose I just have to be patient. I have lowered the price some. I've sold several bikes in the last few years, one, a moto guzzi, through an enthusiast site, and the others on consignment. One on consignment sold within a week, and another one took about 7 or 8 months. I'm in California, so it should be sellable to anyone here, even though it may be getting to be an off part of the year. By the way, it's listed now at about $10,500. Anyone think that's still too much?

I bought mine with 5300 miles out the door for $10k with tons of extras in the L.A. area over a year ago. Unless yours is new drop the price since mine was spotless.

If you ship it over here, i would buy it tomorrow. What with the exchange rate and all, it makes it a very attractive buy.

As i posted before, Rare As over here. People like to hang onto those Beamers over here (Oz).

Steve

Likely I had my old RT priced too low ... it sold in two days on the IBMWR site!

Archived