IGNORED

Fuel Filter?

TrickLidz

Quick Question. Recommended service interval for the fuel filter? I assume it's IN the tank? Aftermarket part number?

I don't see the info in Jim's DVD.

TIA

'Lidz

On the R1200RT there is not a true fuel filter. There is a mesh screen on the bottom of the fuel pump pickup assembly, but it is not a separate user replaceable part.

On the R1200RT there is not a true fuel filter. There is a mesh screen on the bottom of the fuel pump pickup assembly, but it is not a separate user replaceable part.

There IS a filter in addition to the screen. It is integrated into the fuel pump. There is no scheduled maintenance interval for the filter as it is supposed to be a lifetime filter. There is a procedure for replacement in the BMW shop manual. (The filter basically unscrews from the pump.)

There is a procedure for replacement in the BMW shop manual. (The filter basically unscrews from the pump.)
But is it available as a separate part? Doesn't seem to appear on any of the parts diagrams as such.
There is a procedure for replacement in the BMW shop manual. (The filter basically unscrews from the pump.)
But is it available as a separate part? Doesn't seem to appear on any of the parts diagrams as such.

If it isn't (I do not know), then the entire pump would be the replacement part.

Recommended service interval for the fuel filter?
Judging from what you read on the forum it's either so frequent that you need to re-engineer and install an external filter (as on the oilheads), or... never. Love it.

Archived