IGNORED

Atlanta Area Tech Daze - Nov.10

Chris K

Why don't we try to set up a dinner get together for friday night? Perhaps in buckhead which is central. Or anywhere else with good food and booze. grin.gif

OK I may be slow,,,,, see Seat heater disconect...... are we doing this??? and were?? What time??

Randy, Chris, and all you other nuts, I thought that maybe, just maybe, I might be able to squeeze this trip in. But, such is not to be this year. Too much happening at work this time around.

Have a great time you all. smile.gif

Whio will do the break bleeeeeeeeeeeead nowwwwwwwww...

Why don't we try to set up a dinner get together for friday night? Perhaps in buckhead which is central. Or anywhere else with good food and booze. grin.gif

OK I may be slow,,,,, see Seat heater disconect...... are we doing this??? and were?? What time??

This just fell apart. I'm game for something in the roswell area.

OK Marty, am I seeing this right, we have a chance to get out FRIDAY night thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif and NO ONE is getting IN on THIS......... the end is near dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif.... the end is near.... dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Just for the record, my Harley is safe. It's because the pipes are just loud enough to save lives.

Knifemaker's hawg was obviously too quiet otherwise the cable box might have been able to get out of the way!

Quiet?....With 4 women on it laughing thier heads off... lmao.giflmao.gif

I'll be there with the R bike .......

hey, if you live in Atlanta, you learn that making dinner plans on a Friday night is useless. Unless you eat at 9pm, getting anywere, and then waiting in line for a seat is a waste of 2 hours of my life.

I would love to meet everyone, but like Marty, it would have to be near Lawrenceville. Of course Marty wants Roswell, and Chris needs out by Conyers, etc etc.

However if you do get with Marty, he knows this great italian place in Roswell. He invited myself and my son one Saturday, and it was a great time.

hey, if you live in Atlanta, you learn that making dinner plans on a Friday night is useless. Unless you eat at 9pm, getting anywere, and then waiting in line for a seat is a waste of 2 hours of my life.

I would love to meet everyone, but like Marty, it would have to be near Lawrenceville. Of course Marty wants Roswell, and Chris needs out by Conyers, etc etc.

However if you do get with Marty, he knows this great italian place in Roswell. He invited myself and my son one Saturday, and it was a great time.

was that your first visit to an olive garden in roswell??? lmao.giflmao.gif

Like hell! grin.gif

Marty, I'm flexible if you want to grab a bite somewhere

Like hell! grin.gif

lmao.giflmao.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif watch your language you know i don't swear!

Dave, where will you be?

Dave, where will you be?

PM sent

I'm such a wimp these days, 70 miles in 39 degree weather doesn't for some reason appeal to me.

how often do ya'll hold these little get togethers?

Lone_RT_rider
I'm such a wimp these days, 70 miles in 39 degree weather doesn't for some reason appeal to me.

how often do ya'll hold these little get togethers?

Let's see.. the last two ATL tech days were.... Nov 05 and Nov 06. I would say once a year.. smile.gif

You might want to break out the Gerbings and come say hello. thumbsup.gif

Shawn

I froze my A$$ off coming in from NC last year, WITH gerbings, had a good time anyway! Sorry I can't freeze my buns and make it this year, academics are kicking my A$$ now. I miss my bike.

Lone_RT_rider
I froze my A$$ off coming in from NC last year, WITH gerbings, had a good time anyway! Sorry I can't freeze my buns and make it this year, academics are kicking my A$$ now. I miss my bike.

You'll be missed Chris. Hopefully we will see you down the road sometime very soon. Study hard man... not long now... thumbsup.gifclap.gif

Shawn

As noted the first two years were twice a year, April and Nov. Now it is just once a year in Nov. Generally it will always be the first weekend of Nov. If we have a conflict second weekend of Nov.

Yea I know it is cold, so two choices, lots of layers, or just hope in the car and come to watch/help. We would love to have you either way.

(relatively) new member to the board... I'll plan on showing up more for meeting people than for wrenching on the bike!

Britton Mockridge

He's really coming to test ride K bikes. grin.gifwave.gif

He's really coming to test ride K bikes. grin.gifwave.gif

I thought it was the K Bike rolling burnout contest...

Tim, can I borrow the GT? grin.gif

No, but Calvin has noe stuck up on his lift and needs help getting it down. grin.giftongue.gif

Looks like I'll be able to make it on Saturday! Whoo-hoo!!! My bike is almost due a 12K service, brake fluid change, and new tires so I'll have to decide which of those I want to do that day. Probably the brake fluid since others will be doing the same that day.

Anybody know where I could get a set of tires by Saturday?

Lone_RT_rider
Anybody know where I could get a set of tires by Saturday?

Mike,

If you can't find tires in ATL try TouringSport in Greenville, SC. 864-232-2269. If they have a set, just pay for them and I will pick them up at lunch tomorrow for delivery to ATL by Friday night. Let them know that I will be picking them up of you if you go this route. They know me waaaaaay to well at the parts counter. crazy.gif

Shawn

P.S. I'm your second wrench on the 12K service... No arguments. thumbsup.gif

Michael, if you need to get tires try Cycle Gear. Their pricing is pretty competitive. In the Atlanta area they have locations in Lawrenceville, Roswell & Smyrna.

Thanks for the ideas. I called cycle gear in Lawrenceville and they have some road pilot 2's in stock so I think I'll pick them up.

Do I need a special tool to remove the front tire on my 2005 r1200rt? If so, does anyone have one they can bring along?

Mike

I just checked with Joel and he is bringing his hexhead front axle tool on Saturday. He said to tell you it rents for $25 an hour with a 1 hour min. tongue.gif

Nice! A bidding war. My opening offer is a firm handshake and my sincere appreciation. I'll also throw in the exciting first test ride after maintenance to make sure we put everything back on tight! Don't worry, I usually only have a few bolts left over when I'm done. tongue.gif

Hey Tim,

We'll make sure all the ceiling fans are re-painted in Roadcrafter yellow or blaze orange so you don't have a repeat head-on collision like down in DeLand!

I'll look forward to sayin' hi to ya again,

B

B

Farkin' hell!!

Physical therapist has put the kibosh on riding farther than work and back this weekend.... Something about resting my knee or I will wind up having surgery on it... Shite!!

Sorry guys! frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Shawn, I'll call you Saturday to discuss some things I've found w/hotels.

Farkin' hell!!

Physical therapist has put the kibosh on riding farther than work and back this weekend.... Something about resting my knee or I will wind up having surgery on it... Shite!!

Sorry guys! frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Shawn, I'll call you Saturday to discuss some things I've found w/hotels.

Phil(1bmwfan) of the East.......

No show at J's.....

No show at my house.....

Now.......

????????????????????????????????????????

Calvin  (no socks)

Whip, Danny finally learned not to say anything about attending a function... till after its over...he has Quite a reputation to overcome... dopeslap.gif

Matt may require a longer learning curve.... grin.gif

daveinatlanta

Looking forward to it and the weather might also be a little warmer around midday on Saturday. I'm planning on adjusting valves (after a cool-down period) and a TBS. While the engine is cooling, I may try to install some new highway pegs/brackets and PIAAs. Otherwise, I'm ready to lend a hand or three.

Leaving in the morning. Will have axle tool for R1200RT along. I will be there Saturday morning with Knifemaker, be careful where you park. He is a little out of control sometimes. lmao.giflmao.gif

Can anyone help me aim my PIAA 1100X?

I will be there Saturday morning with Knifemaker, be careful where you park. He is a little out of control sometimes.

I maybe KNIFEMAKER....but my friends are BACK STABBERS... lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I will be there Saturday morning with Knifemaker, be careful where you park. He is a little out of control sometimes.

I maybe KNIFEMAKER....but my friends are BACK STABBERS... lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

These aren't "friends", Bill.

They're OPPORTUNISTS. grin.gif

What is Tech-daze ? Just got my bike on Monday.

New to BMW's and new to this site.

Have not had a bike in 29 years. and now I have a 2005 R1150 RTP. ..and a sore Bumm. Ft Lauderdale to Atlanta for my first ride was WELL ...... lets just say I aint 19 any MORE! Tony

Tech Daze is where you learn to do routine service on your own bike. Some of the things we will be doing tomorrow are valve adjustment, throttle body sync, fuel filter replacement, alt. belt replacement, tire changing and brake bleeding. Doors open at 8AM and we will be here all day, you are most welcome to attend!

Chris, just wanted to say thanks both for the help with the breaks and for hosting such a good time again. Great people with great food...oh and I learned a little bit as well.

Chris thx a Million! Learned alot and feel like I have miles to go! But what a great week. Hope to see you all soon. The Boar was Killa

Enjoyed meeting everyone!

bd

daveinatlanta

Chris and Randy -- thanks for hosting the Tech Daze today. I thought I had a fairly good understanding but now I know - what I didn't know.

Chris - thanks for the demo on the ABS brake bleed. I wish I'd have seen how you do the control circuits but David (ElevenFifty) already showed that one to me some time back.

Randy - thanks for bringing the tire changer. I will definitely see you once my tires are ready for a change. As you suggested I'll also have to check out Jamie's post on the syringe-lube of the splines!

Shawn - thank you for your assistance and guidance on valve adjustments and TBS. I picked up a few pointers on how to improve upon my TBS technique for the next time.

David Hunt - thx for your help as always and your insistence on getting the valve adjustment 'just right.' The ride back home was noticeably smoother than this morning and I attribute that to a better valve adjustment.

I enjoyed meeting everybody and look forward to a repeat next year.

dave

First and For most a big "Thank You" to Chris for putting on another great "Tech Daze"

It was a great pleasure to meet all of you in person, some of you again, and Speaking to all of you,Great Crowd ALL

I know were I am getting my new tires put on. Randy, thank you for taking the time to explain all the nuances of changing a tire. clap.gif Great Setup you have there

Shawn,,,,

This one is for you.......

Beer.jpgclap.gifclap.gif

The Food was TOP NOTCH

Marty, I wounder what bike you will have the next time I see you lurker.giflurker.gif

Randy, Ian had a great time with your son, Great Kid!!

Until Next Time

Being as green and uncertain if my hands could participate in the care of the mechanics of my vehicle, this crew here in Atlanta helped my learn and take my rookie shots with confidence and a smile.

It was wonderful to be there yesterday, to get frustrated, to laugh, and to get a belly full of food.

you guys were right: I rode a different bike home yesterday. And it still works this morning!

Thanks to all who put it together , thanks Chris for your hosting and. . .

Letting the garage stay open a LITTLE bit longer than 10 minutes after you were done with your bike.

Until next time,

John O'Keefe

MNTOR dopeslap.gifclap.gif

Many thanks to all who helped me with my 12rt - Shawn and Bernie, Joel and Randy for changing my tires, Chris for the location and Tom for the hog!

As always, it was a good time with great people. I was happy to meet a few new friends too.

Mike

Lone_RT_rider
The Food was TOP NOTCH

Amen!

220037516-X2.jpg

It was good to get my first chance at wrenchin on an R1200 model. It really isn't all that different once you figure out there are no idle adjustment screws. crazy.gif

220037016-X2.jpg

There were other bikes besides BMW's in attendence as well....

220037105-X2.jpg

Randy and Joel did TONS of tire changing...

220036849-X2.jpg

Dave from Atlanta showed up with his PRISTINE 2004 R1150RT. Man that thing was clean.....

220037321-X2.jpg

Chris dug into his R1100S and did a brake fluid change on the servo style brakes. That spawned a few more to be completed.

220037602-X2.jpg

Oh and Chris....thanks for the beer... grin.gifthumbsup.gif

220036801-XL.jpg

Thanks to Chris, Randy, Tom and Joel for making the big effort to put this thing on. It's really makes it worth it when you hear about a half dozen people say something to the effect of "This is exactly what I have been looking for, this is great!". Here's to another succesful tech day! clap.gif

Shawn

Archived