IGNORED

Atlanta Area Tech Daze - Nov.10

Chris K

OK, finally the official post for the tech day!

Randy and I will be hosting a tech day on Saturday Nov. 10.

Doors open at 7:45 with breakfast at 8AM. Wrenching to commence at 9.

Tom Cowan has volunteered to smoke some pork for us to eat at lunch. Those who have attented in the past know what great food Tom prepares!

The address is: 83 Oxford West Drive, Oxford, GA 30054. Please use the instructions below as NO mapping program will send you to the right address. For those of you with GPS the coordinates are: N 33 37.239 W 83 52.973

Please use these instructions or call me at the listed number when you get lost!

From Atlanta take I-20 East and get off at Exit 88. Then follow the directions below:

Mile Instruction For Toward

0.0 Departon Exit 88 on Ramp 0.2 mi

0.2 Turn RIGHT (South) onto Crowell RdN, then immediately turn LEFT (East) onto Access Rd 1.2 mi

1.4 Turn LEFT (North) onto Old Oxford Rd 0.2 mi Bridge over I-20

1.6 Turn RIGHT (East) onto Old Atlanta Hwy [Old Atlanta Rd] 0.6 mi

At 4 way stop

2.2 Turn LEFT (North) onto Cook Rd 0.3 mi

2.5 Turn RIGHT (East) onto Moore St 0.5 mi First right

2.9 Turn LEFT (North) onto Oxford West Dr. 0.1 mi At white propane tanks

3.1 Arrive at 83 Oxford West Drive

Second building on left

SUMMARY

Driving distance: 3.1 miles

Trip duration: 8 minutes

My cell number is: 404-217-4529

I have maps in streets and trips format, send me an e-mail if you need one.

Here is the list of attendees so far, we have room for more if you are interested in attending.

Chris Kinney Chris K

Randy Etheridge randy

Danny Wade Huzband

Shawn LoneRT Rider

Marty Hill as himself

Dave Weber subvet

Dave daveinatlanta

Matt Matts_VSTROM

Christopher Fite xoomerite

David Hunt ElevenFifty

Mark Davis StretchMark

Stefan Mannsbart Motorrad4fun

Chris Oudekerk lawnchairboy

John O'Keefe MNTOR

g_nuse

Brian bcp858

Alan Donnels Foot

Bernie Echt & bro Bernie

Joel Gross Slumgullion

Kirsten KTsRidin

Maybe

Roger Mc Kim rogera

Laura Miller Laura

See you all on the 10!

Why don't we try to set up a dinner get together for friday night? Perhaps in buckhead which is central. Or anywhere else with good food and booze. grin.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Why don't we try to set up a dinner get together for friday night? Perhaps in buckhead which is central. Or anywhere else with good food and booze. grin.gif

Sorry Marty, I wouldn't be able to make a dinner on Friday night. Some of us have to work on Friday to make sure you Social Security checks keep rolling in. grin.giflmao.gif

I'll be coming at around 8 PM on Friday night.

Shawn

Sorry, "other" plans have precluded my attendance.

Hmmmmm..... I think I am starting to see a pattern here.. crazy.giflmao.gif

lurker.gif

Now, just hold on a darned minute.

In the previous thread where I said I'd bring the Tap 'N Die set, I was only joshin'. I never actually committed to coming.

Not my fault you clowns don't know a joke when you read one. grin.gif

Besides, at least I showed up at your place like I said I would. That oughta buy me at least a couple passes from you. tongue.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Besides, at least I showed up at your place like I said I would. That oughta buy me at least a couple passes from you. tongue.gif

1. Fall El Paeso 2007

2. ATL tech day....

That's it, your out of passes! If I have a RideSmart in the Spring you had better be there MISTER!!! eek.gifdopeslap.gif

grin.giflurker.gif

Shawn

If I have a RideSmart in the Spring you had better be there MISTER!!! eek.gifdopeslap.gif

grin.giflurker.gif

Shawn

Just say when, Mr. Scorekeeper. grin.gif

It'd be a pleasure to help. thumbsup.gif

Lone_RT_rider
if you two are through making up/out... I'd be interested in attending a riding smart... wink.gif

I'll start a thread in the winter when we are all bored to death. Now back to the ATL tech day thread......

[/hijack]

Lone_RT_rider
In addition to Alan bringing his Cert kit, I will also have my heli-coil kit.

How many you got Randy? My right cylinder needs some work. smile.gif

Shawn

NP shawn, i am guessing I have 15 - 20. And I have the special order ones from McMasters 12mm long. They work really well, and you do not even break the bottom tab off. It just sets on the bottom of the hole and works great. I have not had one fail yet. However I am really interested in seeing the cert kit that Alan is bringing.

Alrighty, I'm still planning on being there but I was wondering about a) dinner Friday night and b) who's got some floor space I could grab for the night.

Anyone?

My son's footbll team made the layoffs, so it looks like he will have a game that weekend. thumbsup.gif and frown.gif

Depending on what time he plays, I may still try to make the afternoon portion.

Well our super secret demo for the tech day is official

Assuming Fed Ex is as effecient as we think,

After lunch on Nov 10 we will be doing a tire changing demo

using our NEW

No Mar tire changer. Yes the Atlanta group has just purchased a No Mar tire changer.

So anyone who has wanted to see/know/get some hands on experience on tire changing we will have a test rim and tire for you enjoyment.

Looking forward to a great tech day. so far this seems to be some of the planned projects

servo brake bleed (maybe)

Aftermarket htd grips on a Suzuki Vee Strom 650

Tire Change

Valve, throttle cable and clutch cable adjustments 1100RT

Install Certs or heli coils

FJR install an aftermarket cruise control (maybe)

OK it looks like my son will have B-Ball practice that day, however we will make it out there after Practice. I will not be dong my 24K service as it not be enough time to get it done, and with those extra pesky 2 cylinders lmao.giflmao.gif, it will take longer.

It should still be fun, is there anything that we need to bring??

I'm now 0 for 4! Once again life has conspired against me and I won't be able to come next weekend. This would have been my first tech day and I was REALLY looking forward to it. And now I'm going to miss a tire change too bncry.gif

Well, have fun boys thumbsup.gif

Kirsten

Lone_RT_rider
Looking forward to seeing you Stephen.

Scott, we will have tools to do a servo brake bleed.

Chris,

Welcome back to the states man... I have two questions from your recent trip overseas.

1. Where's my golf clubs? (kidding)

2. Can you please change your avatar? I have enough bad dreams as it is. crazy.gif

Welcome back man...

Shawn

Dang ol avatars man, they can mess w/ya....

Looking forward to it, just not sure which bike I'm bringing up Friday. I'm doing my Shawn impersonation and have a dinged up knee so I may ride the Harley just to keep the leg out in front of me. lmao.gifthumbsup.gif

I am planning on coming, but have to get the final approval from the better half. I am new to the BMW world, and could use the information. Is there still space available for me?

If I ride down there in the morning, would it still be possible to adjust valves and TB. I read the valves need to be done on a cold bike?

Lone_RT_rider
I'm doing my Shawn impersonation and have a dinged up knee so I may ride the Harley just to keep the leg out in front of me. lmao.gifthumbsup.gif

Keeping the LEFT leg out in front is what got me hurt in the first place! lol. grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

John - Come on over, we have plenty of room. We can put a fan on the bike and have it cool enough to set the valves in an hour or so.

I talked today with Tom Cowan and he is butchering a boar this afternoon. He will start cooking half of it Friday night so we can have it for lunch on Saturday! thumbsup.gif

John - Come on over, we have plenty of room. We can put a fan on the bike and have it cool enough to set the valves in an hour or so.

I talked today with Tom Cowan and he is butchering a boar this afternoon. He will start cooking half of it Friday night so we can have it for lunch on Saturday! thumbsup.gif

You're killing me!!

I dig the pig.... thumbsup.gif

Speaking of dig....is he burying it again this year?

This is my first tech daze. What all do I need to bring with me? How self sufficient should I be (rags, cleaners, tools, torque wrenches, and twinmax)?

we have one participant doing an electrical project, so I will have all my electrical equipment there, tape, wire, strippers, crimping tool, my torque wrench will be there, and I always bring my full tool box, which has every socket size you need for any normal tech day project. Usually you just need your bike and the parts you need to complete your project.

Of course if everyone is doing a project that needs a torque wrench and we only have two, there is some wait, but not long.

In other words we usually have everything (unless I forget something)

Randy, Chris, and all you other nuts, I thought that maybe, just maybe, I might be able to squeeze this trip in. But, such is not to be this year. Too much happening at work this time around.

Have a great time you all. smile.gif

Thanks everyone, just got approval from the family decision maker. I will be there.

Approximately how much time should I allow to get there from the I75/I20 junction?

Wish I had my heated grips to install them this weekend, but they are on the Xmas list. Maybe there will be someone there that has done it before and will let me pick their brain...

I hope you leave that Harley at home. lmao.gif

Just for the record, my Harley is safe. It's because the pipes are just loud enough to save lives.

Knifemaker's hawg was obviously too quiet otherwise the cable box might have been able to get out of the way!

Archived