IGNORED

I know a guy that has 2 brand new 2005 R1200ST for sale

brianbmw

It just seems like there are always people looking for ST's. Anyway, today i stopped by AJ cycle in Gill Massachusetts and he had 2 1200ST's that were brand new never sold. I think they both have about 15 miles on them. I just thought i would let you guys know. The guy there is great, he let my take a 06 K1200R for a good 1/2 hr test ride, it was fun but i'll stick with my ST.

Looking at their web site they only have one ST listed and its an '05 in red and silver, non-abs.

I would be very interested to find a *new* '07 with ESA and ASC in black smile.gif

JT

It's a small place and i'm sure he doesn't update his website very often. I'm not sure what he is asking but he is the type of guy that would work with you if you were really interested. I know he recently sold a brand new black 07 model. It's worth giving him a call.

Brian

Here is a picture of AJs. I wonder how BMW feels in regards to his shop. Seems like a lot of the BMW dealers have gone to the "boutique" style of shops, more than likely at the request of BMW. (I could be wrong on that) I really like AJs style, as a kid, I can remember a local motorcycle dealer with a similar look. On our way to the UN rally in September, AJs was a meeting point. The day before, Eric H. (svensk) needed a bolt for his tupperware & called to see if he could buy it over the phone & pick it up on Sunday. AJ agreed to leave the bolt outside for him but would not except any money for it. That was cool.

100_5349.jpg

Pat

Thanks for that picture. That is the exact style I want for the shop I am going to build out in the back yard. It will have a mancave with bier tap!

Here is a picture of AJs. I wonder how BMW feels in regards to his shop. Seems like a lot of the BMW dealers have gone to the "boutique" style of shops, more than likely at the request of BMW. (I could be wrong on that) I really like AJs style, as a kid, I can remember a local motorcycle dealer with a similar look. On our way to the UN rally in September, AJs was a meeting point. The day before, Eric H. (svensk) needed a bolt for his tupperware & called to see if he could buy it over the phone & pick it up on Sunday. AJ agreed to leave the bolt outside for him but would not except any money for it. That was cool.

100_5349.jpg

Pat

Hope you don't mind, I've set your picture as my desktop, its a great shot of the RT thumbsup.gif

That's a neat little dealer.

There's a small Kawasaki Dealer on Main Street in our town. The owner is almost 80 years old. It's the oldest Kawasaki Dealer in the USA and was the very last dealer to go to using a computerized ordering system. Kawasaki let him continue to call in his orders for almost 5 years after all other dealers had gone electronic.

It's tempting to make him and offer for the property and franchise, but I think the demographics aren't great, his volume is too low, and the only way to stay in business ould be if my wife and I sold our house and lived in the apartment above the store. I think Kasasaki has one of the best and widest product line ups from top to bottom and makes a good stand alone dealer including street, off road, ATV, and watercraft.

His shop store and shop also haven't been remodeled since the early 80's. And the service department I think is one guy that's been with him for 20+ years.

It's a distant dream of mine to own a combined motorcycle & bicycle dealer and possibly combine it with hunting and outdoor products for doo year round cashflow. If the town was twice it's size, it might work. I'm also not the greatest salesguy, and have no experience running a small business.

Hey Mike, just checking Mapsource to see how far you are from my brother in Early Iowa. Quite a ways, but you are just up the river from my home town, Alexandria Iowa, ('cept mine's in Canada...), and my namesake town is just down the road...Winchester, Iowa.

I'd go in with ya on the store if I wuz my brother and lived closer grin.gif

Jim W.

Speaking of old style/unusual shops, here's one for the books:

Trails End BMW Motorcycle Shop

in Fairbanks Alaska

image_001.gif

Chuck Blaney, George Rahn, and Kurt Schreiber

If you get anywhere near Fairbanks Alaska, and you need parts and service (or a new or used motorcycle) go see George Rahn at Trails End BMW Motorcycle Shop. This is the most unusual BMW Dealership in the world. You will not be disappointed with George or his shop!

Trails End BMW

PO Box 80754

Fairbanks Alaska 99708

in Fairbanks Alaska

I had heard that Trails End went out of buisiness this summer. When I was in Fairbanks this July, the local Harley shop was now selling BMW. I was hoping to see what Trails End was all about, but looks like I missed my opportunity by a few months.

in Fairbanks Alaska

I had heard that Trails End went out of buisiness this summer. When I was in Fairbanks this July, the local Harley shop was now selling BMW. I was hoping to see what Trails End was all about, but looks like I missed my opportunity by a few months.

Wow, that's too bad. BMW's been trying to get rid of George for a long time so they could get their bikes in a spiffy modern type store. Looks like they finally did it. frown.gif

Archived