IGNORED

UnPaved Rides

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Boney has sent me a message offering to scout offroad rides wherever "we finally end up". I think it's a worthy idea. Whip, you can provide a lot of input too as can Rod & Julie. Most of my research will be internet based but I do plan on getting down there next early summer to pre-ride everything I can. Unfortunately, it's just not feasible for me to go there much earlier.

I did find this great link on fire lookouts. Click on a red dot and you see what lookout it is. I think that could be a theme of sorts for the GSers. I hope to find some more challenging "roads" should anyone want to do something like that.

Of course everyone's definition of a road varies, but I'd like it to be a little more defined than this:

or
The funny thing was that this was shot after I crashed and thought for sure that I broke my foot. Still had fun until I had to upshift...

I was think about head that way before Spring Torrey and catchin Torrey on the way back.

I don't think I can make it before then.

Maybe I can hook up with Boney.

Whip

I was think about head that way before Spring Torrey and catchin Torrey on the way back.

I don't think I can make it before then.

Maybe I can hook up with Boney.

Whip

And, OF COURSE, that means he will be swinging through Diamond Springs for a night or two and then heading up there with me to scout the on and off road stuff!!

Excitement begins.

I think I'll be able to pack the 'stil' on the bike so we can brew up some MASH 4077th good stuff!

beej2.jpg

hawk2.jpg

Steve - your videos are always so entertaining, including the other one of you "riding" through that mud pit. Remind me again never to ride with you. lmao.gif

I think the fire lookout thought is excellent. If we could come up with routes that take people to various lookouts, that would make a good theme for the DS rides.

If either Phil or I can find our copies of the Chief Joseph Rally routes from a few years ago (see Paved Roads thread), there were dual sport routes on that too. I'll keep looking. I did find my GPS tracks of the DS route we took at the 2004 Chief Joe Rally, see attached file. Round trip distance was about 80 miles, including the part where we took a wrong turn and got lost. We were on a muddy, rutted road that got worse and worse, so we turned around and found the right road.

Rod

942484-DSJohnDay.jpg.c92e161a08594548df98e9c6d275a507.jpg

There is apparently a large Nat. Forest with beaucoup unpaved rides. The BMWRO folks know all about this. I've gotten in touch with them about the paved rides. Perhaps one of you dirt-y people would like to pursue it with BMWRO.

• 6 months later...

Archived