IGNORED

Green slime-tire sealer?

yechave

Has anyone used the green slime tire sealer, this purchased from Walmart, stated it is specifically for motorcycle tires. Problem I have experienced in my very shorty period of ownership, has been just reaching the valve stems.

Just wondered how you would put the slime in the tire? Maybe use a 90 degree fitting on the hose for easier access. Rather figure this out now than one a trip....and hope I never need it.

Thanks!

DaveTheAffable

Ahhh... Been there, Done that. Did your bottle come with the plastic hose that goes from the bottle to the valve stem? It should have, but prolly didn't. When I bought my bottle of Slime, probably 7 of the 10 bottles on the shelf had lost the hose. If it did, buy a longer piece anyway!

It's nothing more tham a clear piece of PVC flexible hose, just big enough that it friction fits over the valve stem. You could buy a little piece sold by the foot in the plumbing aisle at a hardware store likely. Take a old valve stem with you. Make it snug, but it doesn't have to fit too tight, because with the tire deflated, the Slime squeezes in pretty easy. (you DO have to remove the valve core when adding this stuff).

Other than that, it worked good. I remember that I had to angle the hose carefully so it didn't kink, but like you said, once in it's done.

I had a mysterious leak that I could not find. My tire (front) was more than usable, but new tires had yet to arrive. I put the slime in, and leak went away. 2 weeks later I changed tire myself. Clean up was easy with warm water.

Has anyone used the green slime tire sealer, this purchased from Walmart, stated it is specifically for motorcycle tires. Problem I have experienced in my very shorty period of ownership, has been just reaching the valve stems.

Just wondered how you would put the slime in the tire? Maybe use a 90 degree fitting on the hose for easier access. Rather figure this out now than one a trip....and hope I never need it.

Thanks!

I've read that this stuff works quite well too.

http://www.ride-on.com/prod_mot.asp

img_large-mot-bottles.gif

+1 on the previous poster's recommendation on a longer tube.

That's what I thought. Just have to remember to get my hose extension in the bike tool kit. My bottle did have the hose on it. Hope not to need it, but I feel a whole lot better I have it.

Thanks!

Archived